Vista

Just plain wrong!

On 04/03/2019 at 19:30, eeb43 said:

luckily due to iva crap like that wont be going legally on the road!

Although it looks as though there is no plan and is being made up as it goes a long, it turned into this. Which still isn't great but each to their own I suppose.....

Seems to have a purpose of sorts....

blackcatmini.JPG

1 hour ago, Jimbonic said:

Do what now?!?!

image.png.6efe387a3549a00bff60d8a7e67f983c.png

Isn't that the Royal Coach for Harry and Megan's Wedding? A symbolic clash of cultures.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Isn't that the Royal Coach for Harry and Megan's Wedding? A symbolic clash of cultures.

Theirs wasn't quite so tasteful!

What gets me is the amount of effort (And cash) that goes into these. This stuff was all the rage in the 70s. It was either the drugs or The Munsters - or both!

I just noticed that the "T" and the "F" have melted off the hillside in the background........

• Haha 2

Do what now?!?!
image.png.6efe387a3549a00bff60d8a7e67f983c.png
Ed Roth's Druid Princess show car. If you think this is wild you should see his other stuff.

It's got Twin Cam and Turbo charge....... And I was laughing all the way to the Leeds. 

Who remembers that Ad then?

IMG_20190321_093537.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, HotRodMatt said:
On 19/03/2019 at 19:52, Jimbonic said:

Do what now?!?!

Ed Roth's Druid Princess show car. If you think this is wild you should see his other stuff.

OK, I didn't realise this was an Ed Roth creation. His stuff is a bit hit and miss with me. Didn't he create the Mysteron or some such, spaceship-style rod? That was cool. And, his art work was always awesome - just loved his rod rats/monsters. But, I'm afraid, for me, he missed with this one.

Wrong isn't restricted to four wheels (have we had bikes on here yet?). I actually owned this.........!

1978 Suzuki X7 (3).jpg

4 minutes ago, davey said:

X7? Loved those had a few in the 80s can't buy them  now

Yes. Under all that lovely bodywork lurks an X7! They were lethal - loved them!

It didn't stay like that. Not sure whether this stays "plain wrong", but it ended up like this (except with exhausts!)....

1978 Suzuki X7 (1).jpg

59 minutes ago, Vista said:

It's got Twin Cam and Turbo charge....... And I was laughing all the way to the Leeds. 

Who remembers that Ad then?

IMG_20190321_093537.jpg

I thought that was a great shot till I realised the flames weren't real and someone hadn't set fire to it.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

I thought that was a great shot till I realised the flames weren't real and someone hadn't set fire to it.

You won't know the ad I was referring to. George Cole (Aka London spiv Arthur Daley) did a series of amusing ads for the Leeds Building Society in the 80's and early 90's. 9.5% APR God I wish!

2 hours ago, Jimbonic said:

Yes. Under all that lovely bodywork lurks an X7! They were lethal - loved them!

It didn't stay like that. Not sure whether this stays "plain wrong", but it ended up like this (except with exhausts!)....

1978 Suzuki X7 (1).jpg

Much the same as cars really, started going all plastic👎 It’s predecessor was better 😜 the GT

48 minutes ago, colr6 said:

Much the same as cars really, started going all plastic👎 It’s predecessor was better 😜 the GT

Actually, that plastic is just a cover. Before it wore this disguise, it looked (or should have looked) like this:

image.png.5464f07e8281310c4df9c9bb064dbfcb.png

Which is definitely cool!

Anyway, we might be getting a little off topic.........

I think I could post pretty much any vehicle from my early 90s collection in this thread!

55 minutes ago, colr6 said:

A friend in my village had one of those back in the early 80's. Ah the heady days of 2 strokes eh?. I can't remember if it was a 250 or a 380 but do remember it being largely outclassed by the RD250 that another guy owned. There was also a KH500 kicking around at the time, I remember it being described as "an extremely scary ride".

14 minutes ago, Vista said:

A friend in my village had one of those back in the early 80's. Ah the heady days of 2 strokes eh?. I can't remember if it was a 250 or a 380 but do remember it being largely outclassed by the RD250 that another guy owned. There was also a KH500 kicking around at the time, I remember it being described as "an extremely scary ride".

The GT380 was a triple, GT250 was a twin. The Kwacker KHs were insane. I never had one, but by all accounts they took the flexible frame concept to a new level! I can't imagine what a 2-stroke triple 750 must have been like. And, it was hard enough keeping the front wheel down on my X7!

image.png

image.png

3 hours ago, Vista said:

You won't know the ad I was referring to. George Cole (Aka London spiv Arthur Daley) did a series of amusing ads for the Leeds Building Society in the 80's and early 90's. 9.5% APR God I wish!

Arthur Daley wouldn't exactly fill me with assurance with any bank he advertised LOL Its sort of like British Leyland promoting the benefits of quality standards.

• Haha 1

On 21/03/2019 at 09:44, Jimbonic said:

Wrong isn't restricted to four wheels (have we had bikes on here yet?). I actually owned this.........!

1978 Suzuki X7 (3).jpg

I like that though

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HotRodMatt said:

How do people think this stuff up?

image.png

Holy Moley, did someone really do this to a Jaguar F Pace? Wow, what a turd! :shit:

Screenshot_20190408-203626.png

Screenshot_20190408-203645.png

• Like 1