daughter just bought her 1st car

irishtorag

My first car was an Anglia 1200 Super that cost £75 with a spare engine in the boot. It had that much filler in it, if I had hit anyone they would have died of asbestosis, the drivers seat rested on a length of floor boarding as the floorpan was ventilated, the MOT came via a phone call. Happy days, I was nearly 17, I got it home and the passenger door fell off.

• Like 1

My first car was an Anglia 1200 Super that cost £75 with a spare engine in the boot. It had that much filler in it, if I had hit anyone they would have died of asbestosis, the drivers seat rested on a length of floor boarding as the floorpan was ventilated, the MOT came via a phone call. Happy days, I was nearly 17, I got it home and the passenger door fell off.

Brings back happy memories, as you say happy days

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pah....it's only illegal if you get caught.

Wouldn't worry about that, if you get stopped = NO speak English, double up in pain when questioned. They'll rust you to hospital infront of everyone else. Sort out temp accommodation for when you come out. Give you some cash to get you by until the full benefit arrives. Home you, give you training so you can get a job. And so on...Great country we live in oh and everybody else wants to aswell. So the motto is if you get stopped ......every cloud has a silver lining......LOL

• Like 1

Wouldn't worry about that, if you get stopped = NO speak English, double up in pain when questioned. They'll rust you to hospital infront of everyone else. Sort out temp accommodation for when you come out. Give you some cash to get you by until the full benefit arrives. Home you, give you training so you can get a job. And so on...Great country we live in oh and everybody else wants to aswell. So the motto is if you get stopped ......every cloud has a silver lining......LOL

This appears to be tried and tested..? Hehe.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea that sounds like you've heard it before.....or maybe that's just standard practice now hahah

well she got her mums 07 corsa for a daily

but it wasnt enough so she bought this.

:)

nice start for 22 year old IMG_0479.PNG

Well done her!!! Glad she's chosen wisely...or was she steered in the right direction ha!

22 and 2 cars!!! Aww I remember the days!! I had a brown mk2 fiesta as my daily and a 1923 saltlakes style ford T roadster as my fun car!! Never stopped having at least 2 cars from then on !!!

didnt work for me or the excuse the road was greasy when an of duty garda ( cop) was behind me when i set the more door out sideways last week.

she followed me took reg and then went to barracks and got an onduty garda and squad car and came back to me.

think there is a careless driving case forth coming :(

Wouldn't worry about that, if you get stopped = NO speak English, double up in pain when questioned. They'll rust you to hospital infront of everyone else. Sort out temp accommodation for when you come out. Give you some cash to get you by until the full benefit arrives. Home you, give you training so you can get a job. And so on...Great country we live in oh and everybody else wants to aswell. So the motto is if you get stopped ......every cloud has a silver lining......LOLdidnt work for me or the excuse the road was greasy when an of duty garda ( cop) was behind me when i set the more door out sideways last week.she followed me took reg and then went to barracks and got an onduty garda and squad car and came back to me.think there is a careless driving case forth coming :(

Obviously your acting skills are on par with your driving capabilities ......lol. More practice required.

• Like 1

think there is a careless driving case forth coming :(

Ashamed to say I had one of those a few months ago regarding an accident but it was a nice day out free tea an coffee an get to go for a drive in a posh new car showing them how u drive for them to tell u how u shud b driving job done no fine no points !

• Like 1