johnnyspencer

what gearbox to use on 2.0 zetec conversion?

hi, i`m planning to zetec my mk1 fiesta project, does anyone know what the best gearbox would be to use on zetec conversion? theres a couple of xr3 gearboxes for sale near me but not sure if they would suit? cheers

If the xr3 box does or can be made to fit, see if you can get a box out the RS turbo as the have LSD fitted as standard

yes thats true, I am aware of that but the thing is theres a bloke down the road who has got 3 of these and only wants £100 for all 3! was thinking buy all 3 sell the others and end up with a free one. I`m guessing rs turbo boxes are very hard to come by and expensive too. trying to keep costs down if i can. Maybe when its all done i can think about going lsd. Thanks for the input

Have a look on the xr2 website should be plenty of info on there. The conversion has been done before.

Im running a zetec and i've got a mk2 xr2 5 speed box, they're cheap enough to buy and can take a lot of abuse 

thats good then as i believe the xr2 box is exactly the same as the xr3?

ok so I have opened up more questions now by buying a good low mileage 2.0 duratec he engine. does anyone know if the bolt pattern is the same as zetec for the bell housing? ie can I still use an xr3i/xr2 or rs turbo  gearbox? cheers

ok so I have opened up more questions now by buying a good low mileage 2.0 duratec he engine. does anyone know if the bolt pattern is the same as zetec for the bell housing? ie can I still use an xr3i/xr2 or rs turbo  gearbox? cheers

no it wont fit