Sign in to follow this  
hazaa

ford fiesta mk1 1.1L upgrade

hi guys, just got my first Fiesta mk1 with 1.1 OHV engine.

want to use car for every day use and have some questions regarding how to make car more reliable for every day use.

have 2 things witch want to get in good shape

1) ignition/engine

2) brakes

Regarding brakes:

i have R13 wheels and want to leave them, so i want brake upgrade but so they fit under those wheels.

i need to put servo from early mondeo ( witch year) and brakes from newer fiesta?? witch model can any one tell??

ignition and engine 

how reliable are those 1.1 OHV engines iam thinking what could be the best option to put engine from mk2 mk3 mk4  ( dont want big engine, want reliable easy to drive and economic engine some 1,4 or 1,6) or just to change ignition ( to put on electronic) to this engine different carbs and job done? 

thank you guys for help

Most people looking to upgrade an 1100 just pull it out and opt for a 1300 or 1600 motor.

I'm not sure what brake options there are on mk1 Fiesta struts. Can anyone with more knowledge comment?

Yes, XR2 Mk1/2 callipers and discs will make the world of difference.

Make sure you get XR2 Calliper carriers as these are getting hard to come by.

The 1.1 Valencia is reliable and strong if looked after. If its running well just update to electronic ignition.

My son ran his with 1.1 as his daily allyear round for 3 years commuting from Warwickshire to Essex every weekend.

Changing the engine to 1300 or 1600 is quite a lot of work.

You'll need to source:

1300 or 1600 Mk1 xr2 crossmember

1300/1600mk1 xr2 drive shafts

Hope this helps

Stuart

hi guys, thank you for responds :)

the big problem is that i come from latvia and i have the only mk1 fiesta in country. so hard with some parts, and cant find engine from mk1  :(

thats why was thinking how hard is to put from fiesta mk2 or mk3 in?? ( because how i understand there is no plug and play :( )

iam new to ford so just to get it correct how i understood xr2 - ford fiesta 1983-1989?? iam ir right?

and if yes, than front calipers i can take from any xr2? or i ned some with special engine or year? and do i need to put master cylinder form mondeo or 

its oki with original fiesta mk1?

I read that post a while ago seems to me to be a vey good option.

not 100% if its the same for mk1 as a mk2 but the servo upgrade uses a mk1 Mondeo non ABS servo and master cylinder these are getting hard to find in the UK so not sure how you will get on in Latvia.

If you do find one they pretty much bolt straight on you just need to open up the four holes on the brackets a little to bolt it on, and the brake pipes need altering to line back up with the ports.

We have a 150hp zetec in a mk2 on standard brakes solid discs and drums all new or refurbished and it stops ok so with a 1.1 should be fine.

I read that post a while ago seems to me to be a vey good option.

but looks like i just need from mk2 distributor and coil. have yoiu check if its oki from all mk2 fiestas or need to look for some special?

not 100% if its the same for mk1 as a mk2 but the servo upgrade uses a mk1 Mondeo non ABS servo and master cylinder these are getting hard to find in the UK so not sure how you will get on in Latvia.

If you do find one they pretty much bolt straight on you just need to open up the four holes on the brackets a little to bolt it on, and the brake pipes need altering to line back up with the ports.

We have a 150hp zetec in a mk2 on standard brakes solid discs and drums all new or refurbished and it stops ok so with a 1.1 should be fine.

so xr2 is the same ford fiesta mk2???

mondeo servo with out abs from 93-96 we have a lot :) so i just go to junk jard and find master cilinder and servo:)

Mk1 xr2 or Mk2 xr2 callipers will fit.

If rinning the 1.1 don't bother changing  the servo and master cylinder

yes but if i get them cheep than i can change master and servo ;)

do you know if some mk2 or mk3 engine can be plug and play in???

got some upgrades for engine:

000045729093_%23_2_%23_hazaa.jpg

there is engine head with bigger vales

000045729086_%23_2_%23_hazaa.jpg

than got intake and exhaust manitol and two Ferrari carburetors, how i found out there where popular to put on fiesta, had every one from  here done it before??

000045729087_%23_2_%23_hazaa.jpg

000045729088_%23_2_%23_hazaa.jpg

these are the nr on carbs

000045729082_%23_2_%23_hazaa.jpg

but have any one used these carbs in here?

because thinking can i use stock head or better this witch is modified? 

Engine wise the 1.1 is bomb proof, reliability wise electronic ignition and injection would be the way forward but it gets expensive. Brakes wise xr2 ones and a servo are plenty powerful enough. The carbs will probably work if jetted correctly. Either head would work but gonna be hard getting the modified one right, will need a skim and the valves wont be an easy find

Only two things I can think it can be is windscreen wash/ wipe or dip / main light switch. A picture will help.

hear you can see it also on right side on carpet in black color ( near the door line)

9l9yyf.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a windscreen wash rubber bellows to me, should have two plastic pipes going to it.