#OldSkoolFord #TourOfTheMoor - pictures & thanks

Vista

So, just home after a pleasant and relaxing day with the family at the park. We eventually left at about 16:30 and were the last to leave (as per pic 1).

First I'd like to thank Chris (Mexican Gerbil) for all his help planning the route and organising the event. Without his help, it simply wouldn't have happened.

Secondly, a big thank you to all who came from near or far. I hope you had a good time and that those of you who travelled thought it was worth the trip.

Congrats to the two sets of quiz winners: Saluki and wife for the Saturday evening quiz (score 43/80) and two other members, whose username I am unsure of, for scoring an impressive 20/23 on the tour quiz. I hope you put the Hoodies to good use. Next year I'll make the evening quiz questions a little easier, I didn't think they were that bad when I wrote them.......but they sure as hell seemed hard as I was reading them out at 9 o'clock Saturday evening with half a litre of Morgan's spiced rum swilling around inside me.

Oh and a private message for one member to pass on to his significant other: Jeremy Jeremy, he's our man! If he can't do it, no one can! :wink::mrgreen: I will avoid politics and brexit as topic matters next year. :lol:

The tour I enjoyed immensely and hope you all did too. It was great seeing all these cars out in force, just a shame the weather wasn't a little kinder (maybe God drives a Vauxhall?) To me it seemed like the police were out in force for us but it turns out we coincided with a campaign they have in progress to reduce the number of animal deaths on the moor. In any case, road ethics and etiquette were very good from everyone, the police I saw soon dropping their speed guns and pulling out their mobile phones instead.

I welcome feedback good and bad, this was our first such event and i'd like to hear what we could improve on (other than numbers) for next year.

Please add any pics you took here.

Last Turkeys in the shop?

IMG_20170625_161303.jpg

IMG_20170625_123111.jpg

IMG_20170625_123031.jpg

IMG_20170624_155221.jpg

IMG_20170624_144221.jpg

IMG_20170624_095237.jpg

• Like 5

We had an excellent weekend, very laid back in nice surroundings. Thanks to everyone who put the work in to make it possible.

I've taken a LOT of photos and a couple of people have asked if they would be available. Yes, we're submitting some of them for publication, but once that's out of the way they'll all be up here for viewing and full size copies will be available on request.

• Like 2

What a great venue

Shame about the weather

The weather was better the way around it was though - yesterday's fog and drizzle would have been awful for the show, and today's scorching hot sun would have been a nightmare on the run yesterday. 

I think the fog and mist added to the atmosphere and mystery of the Moor.

Definitely. You really wouldn't fancy a 20 year stretch in Dartmoor Prison. 

Kudos must go to the ice cream van who was selling really nice Devonshire ice-cream in the rain, up on the moor. 

Great weekend, run was superb, shame it was a bit wet, but like already said probably better than the 30 odd degrees we've had lately, and we live in england, deal with it! Massive thanks to scott and chris for the organising and ensuring it all ran smoothly over the weekend, top job fellas, put my name down for next year!

• Like 3

Back in bristol now after an excellent weekend in Devon

that nearly ended before it started when my cam belt snap

on Friday night we fitted a new one on Saturday morning

and completed the tour two hours after every one else

a big thanks to Scott and chris and all who helped

see you all next year

Bill

• Like 1

A big thanks to Chris and Scott for putting on such a well organised and fun weekend. The Tour was awesome and the weather made it all the more atmospheric. Amazing cars, friendly bunch of people- great event. Please put our names on the list for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It looks like it WAS a coincidence that the Police were out in force on the Moor. Pleased to report that only one of our number was pulled and even that was only a random spot check

http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/speeders-caught-and-200-vehicles-stopped-in-huge-police-operation-on-dartmoor/story-30408860-detail/story.html

Just going through my list of attendees and noticed a cortina AFJ377T in some pics but not on the list. Was this a substitute car for one of the three absentees?

Did anyone get a photo of the Mk1 fez on Sunday as that could be one I'm missing

Chris, The Cortina and the Fez was Mark Nixon. His Green Fez Mk1 was not ready.

Think it was his Dads Cortina in the morning and one of his friends in the fez on Sunday.

• Like 1

It looks like it WAS a coincidence that the Police were out in force on the Moor. Pleased to report that only one of our number was pulled and even that was only a random spot check http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/speeders-caught-and-200-vehicles-stopped-in-huge-police-operation-on-dartmoor/story-30408860-detail/story.html

post-16687-0-96226200-1498504671_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great weekend, run was superb, shame it was a bit wet, but like already said probably better than the 30 odd degrees we've had lately, and we live in england, deal with it! Massive thanks to scott and chris for the organising and ensuring it all ran smoothly over the weekend, top job fellas, put my name down for next year!

completely agree

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Me and the mrs loved it we was really chuffed we won the quiz on the tour but aparantly im not to be trusted with a white hoodie so brigit dyed them we have now also brought a mk2 transit and brigit has now joined the forum too so we will bring the cortina and the transit next year the transit won't be finished but for a while it'll be a rolling resto massive thanks to the organisers top job and some really friendly folks see you all next year

• Like 2