Orange Is The New Black

9 hours ago, katana said:

I'm surprised you aren't complaining about it missing a couple of doors!

Owning an Orange 2 door myself it makes it a bit hard!

That said if I were to loose my 4 door Mk2 I would make it my best effort to replace it with an Orange 4 door RS or Rally Pack

Orange4doorRS2000.jpg.5b33860a9260c1a920d967ee57c83ba1.jpg

4 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Owning an Orange 2 door myself it makes it a bit hard!

That said if I were to loose my 4 door Mk2 I would make it my best effort to replace it with an Orange 4 door RS or Rally Pack

Orange4doorRS2000.jpg.5b33860a9260c1a920d967ee57c83ba1.jpg

That would look really nice with a flat front, Mexico bib and quarter bumpers 😁

• 6 months later...
14 hours ago, YellowTaxi said:

How does it work with you Ausie boys and number plates.

It seems you can have whatever you like?

Yeah you can pretty much although you often have to pay a yearly fee on top of your registration for the privilege. When you get a word plate like the very first image in Page 1 of this thread of my Twincam I used to have the plate Lotus 4. But I had to pay an extra $300 a year on top of the registration for that plate. When I went back to university I couldn't afford that luxury so I handed the plate in. Since then its gone totally mad and they have made a multi million dollar business out of it. You can get one in the colours of your favourite football team or colour co-ordinate with your cars paintwork. A new one I saw just the other day mimics Japanese number plates with the state (NSW) written in Japanese on the top for those Japanese Drift car fans, it was in a new Toyota Supra or something. I thought it would reek havoc with the speed cameras and all that but their software must be able to cope. There is a Black plate with maroon lettering that you can barely read but its issued by the Roads and Traffoc Authority themselves so they must be OK with it. In the case of my Rally Pack my RP-2000 number plate was a one off fee that I paid several decades ago but if I were to get that same plate now I would have to pay the fee yearly. I mainly got it originally because I wanted a black and white plate to match the car as the original was yellow and black stood out like a sore thumb on a black and white car. In some of the cars pictured here you see a much smaller plate that is purple and white with a H at the end. Thats an historic club plate where you get heavily discounted registration and insurance for historic cars that don't get driven very often. I have chosen to maintain full registration though because I want to keep my black and white RP2000 plate and also because the smaller historic plates dont fit the rear number plate holder than hinges down to hide the rear fuel filler. Also too with historic places you have to keep a log book of every mile you drive which was a bit to big brotherish for me. I want to drive it wherever I want without having to tell someone or make a note. Mind you I cant drive it at all at the moment in full lockdown as your only allowed out of the house for essential reasons. They spot a classic car on the road the cops pull you over as they dont believe you just off to get essential supplies in it! So Im paying full registration for nothing as it turns out LOL

On 20/01/2021 at 07:41, notenoughtime said:

Is it not a flat front RS2000 then? 

I know the car.

It was for sale at Border Reivers for quite a while. I looked at it, was dubious to say the least. Re-printed/ re-produced body ID plate.  Wrong alloys.

Basically RS money but sketchy history./authenticity

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, katana said:

In a room full of Porsches - that isn't something I'd be looking at, no matter what wheels it had LOL!

You can see modern Porsche 911s  just about everywhere including on the street. The XC is probably the rarest car in the room simply because its the only classic there from what I can see. 2 Door XCs fetch in excess of a quarter of a million dollars these days. Not sure what that 4 door one would go for as I haven't seen one up for auction in a while.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, katana said:

Is that a Glass sunroof inset into a cloth Webasto type folding roof, solid replacement panel - never seen one like that before?

I had never seen a sunroof like it either, one of the reasons I included that one out of the dozens of images I have of that car. I quite like it and that's from someone who isn't a big sunroof fan.