Sign in to follow this  
hazaa

ford fiesta mk1 jacking up

hi guys,

can you please help me with one thing. i restoring my mk1 fiesta and in front side of the car where is drivers and passanger legs i found out that cars floor is little

pushed up, it looks like from that car is incorrect jacked up. i made all that floor straight, but now i put the jack and put up the car and i see again, than

floor had moved little. can any one tell how is the correct way to jack up the car? i need to put it under sill or under front side floor??

because sill is perfect  and dont want to destroy it...

000046520940_%23_3_%23_hazaa.jpg

Floor on the fiesta is flimsy. The best way I find to jack the car up is to use the original jacking points, one on each side under the doors. You will find a U type metal bracket that is welded on the floor. Stick about 2 foot of steel pipe as far in as it goes into the U bracket then use a trolley jack just below the sill area to lift the car up. You will find this does not strain the floor panel. I have not tried to jack up on the U bracket because there is a chance it may deform resulting that you can’t then use the original supplied jack in case you need to change the wheel on the road.

22 minutes ago, Bobcat said:

Floor on the fiesta is flimsy. The best way I find to jack the car up is to use the original jacking points, one on each side under the doors. You will find a U type metal bracket that is welded on the floor. Stick about 2 foot of steel pipe as far in as it goes into the U bracket then use a trolley jack just below the sill area to lift the car up. You will find this does not strain the floor panel. I have not tried to jack up on the U bracket because there is a chance it may deform resulting that you can’t then use the original supplied jack in case you need to change the wheel on the road.

can you make some pic because didnt understood it :(

i too pic form web and my idea is

000046577424_%23_3_%23_hazaa.jpg

the red is place where metal is stronger and could jack up but if you do that red and black place starts to deforme

on blue i dont want to put because there could be like in old golfs all sill gets destroyed and smashed at time :(

the nice place is to put on rib like in pic but not always can get to it with jack.

i had idea to make u time metal strengthen in black and red place so that is stronger and car can be lifted there

and it dosnt bend floor...