Old ford show Gaydon

colr6

Got the details through for the old ford show at Gaydon. Attended this show last time exellent show and your entry get you round the museums which are very good. Camping is available, the showers are imaculate and second to none. Would be a worthwhile show to attend.

15th July at the British Motor museum. Gaydon. CV35 OBJ

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Got my tickets for this one, enter a car @£7 gets you and one passenger in. Dam cheap if you ask me!! Think you've got till the end of June to book in so bit of time left yet. Camping is £10 pp pre booked or £15pp on the gate.

Brilliant thank Col!  I'll get the diary sorted and hope to be going.  I looked at the site and considered booking a to show but mines not really up to close scrutiny; nice but some stuff to tidy still... (best not annoy the judges)  Hopefully I'll get things clear and booked soon.

9 hours ago, Yellow Perril 2 said:

Brilliant thank Col!  I'll get the diary sorted and hope to be going.  I looked at the site and considered booking a to show but mines not really up to close scrutiny; nice but some stuff to tidy still... (best not annoy the judges)  Hopefully I'll get things clear and booked soon.

It doesnt matter, its about the enjoyment you get from it, not what others think!  Mines far from perfect, im always finding bits and bobs on it, bits id wished id done better, but it was never built to be a show pony, it was built to be driven, 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yellow Perril 2 said:

There are all levels of car attending not just show cars, as long as it's a ford it don't matter. It's a great all round day

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments Khanlad and Col.  My car does get a lot of attention and admiring look but there's a few things I want to do.  I'm happy to go whatever but was being a miser thinking I'll just get a show pass and save a couple of quid... (tight a..).

Hopefully if work permits I'll see you both there!

Many thanks,

Martin

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Think I'll pop along. Show off me old banger. 15 months pretty much off the seen, due to buying a basket case of a property,  just for the land ( for esky ) . Going though planning permission now for a 63 sqm garage . Need time out. Hope to chat with you lads there. 

• 2 months later...

Lol.  Its never too late... Long time since the show.  I made it eventually but things transpired to make it a difficult day.  I changed rear pads, and cleaned and eased everything about a week before the show.  Set off on the beautiful sunny morning but about 15 miles in, going around a bend, the right rear chrome hub cap dismounted... I seen it in the mirror and went back, found it... It was scorching hot!  Despite being free as a bird, somehow the right rear was rubbing continuously and getting very hot.  I limped back to base and switched cars and eventually made it to the show.  It was superb with some machines I didn't even know Ford made!  Unfortunately as I had commitments associated with the world cup final, I had about a couple of hours (not enough) and had to hit the road.  There wasn't enough time to track any of you down I'm afraid.

I'm on a mission to have a complete change of brake setup now.  Ordered discs and got to get a servo sorted (I'm too old for needing lightening reactions and legs like Geoff Capes).  Hopefully all that will be sorted for next year's event (or other excursion) before hand.

It was great so see such a collection of machines and some real beauties.  Hopefully I'll get parked in the main area next year...

• Like 1