Bodged repairs, show us your worst!

Vista

My generator light kept flickering (105e Anglia), the alternator was quite new so I thought I'd better investigate the wiring where the regulator had been removed.  Found them loosely twisted round each other with a small amount of black tape.  Glad I found it before it set fire to my car.

2011-04-16_1 Wiring Bodge.jpg

• 1 year later...

Do you think whoever did it said to themselves - I have a MIG and no idea how to use it, how to prepare metal and what the finished article is supposed to look like so I best put a box over my head and do it by touch (by my guide dog!)

Please just learn to weld!

• Haha 2

When removing a fuel tank from a previous car I noticed something wasn't right in the filler neck. 

The rubber had perished so some knuckle head jammed a short piece of plastic pipe in the hole and screwed it to the body adaptor........ genius 

Ps just spent about 20 mins looking for this photo :D

FB_IMG_1564061973428.jpg

• Confused 3

• 1 month later...
On 25/07/2019 at 14:45, Mexican Gerbil said:

When removing a fuel tank from a previous car I noticed something wasn't right in the filler neck. 

The rubber had perished so some knuckle head jammed a short piece of plastic pipe in the hole and screwed it to the body adaptor........ genius 

Ps just spent about 20 mins looking for this photo :D

FB_IMG_1564061973428.jpg

Id be more concerned about the cardboard fuel tank.