Sign in to follow this  
seatoncarew

Kangaroo Mk1 1.1L Fiesta

I purchased this Fiesta 4 years ago and for the duration of this time I have been trying to overcome the following symptoms:

when moving in slow traffic ( 2nd & 3rd ) the car is pulling & jerking and will not run smoothly. It goes like something off a Shovel upon acceleration and is no problem once up to speed in 4th. Love the car to bits but am most frustrated at being unable to solve the problem.

I have carried out the following work to no avail:  New plugs/HT Leads/ New Distributor Cap,Rotar Arm,Points & Condenser & finally I purchased and fitted a new (old stock) Distributor. New Coil also fitted.  New Air Filter & Carb stripped & cleaned out. The timing was adjusted upon fitting the new Distributor. I have now run out of ideas.

If there is anybody out there that may be able to help this would be truly appreciated. 

Many thanks

Norm

ever considered that your going too slow for the gear your in

if not the case, personally I would look at the engine mounts and stabiliser

Float height correct? Also when said cleaned carb - was that jets out and cleaned or full strip, ultrasonic clean and re-assemble? There are many little drillings behind jets that normal cleaning can't address. 4 years is a long time to be suffering with same problem - any engine mods? what is the idle and cold starting like?

Yes the jets came out and the chamber sediment cleared,the carb received a thorough job. It starts first time without fail and settles nicely with the choke pushed back, idles fine. It's as it left the factory with no mods. I've considered fitting electronic ignition but this shouldn't be necessary following the new Distributor fitment.

I don't see that this can be anything other than a carburation issue.

As Katana said, there's much more to a carb than just the jets and floats / float chamber. Was it ultrasonically cleaned or just the flost chambers and jets cleaned? There's numerous small drillings in a carb body.

Carb base gasget or leaking air pipes to the carb id be checking next. And inlet manifold gasget.

Assuming youre running the 1V carb. When you dismantled the carb there was a steel ball and a rod on top of it. Its sits inside one of the channels when you open the top cover.

Normaly when you turn over the carb without the topcover they fall out jumping everywhere leaving you with a suprice....