Fishnet Recaro swap

Munch

When I bought my car it had grey cloth fishnet recaros. The guy I bought it from had some brown beta clothed ones that were a bit worse for wear which I also bought. I have since had the bad bits re-trimmed and have swapped them with the grey ones. The only problem is, my car has black back seats, door cards, head lining and carpet. They don't look too bad but I am wondering if anyone has a pair trimmed in black cloth that would want to swap?

I got one black headrest spare, as I currently have three. There was another on eBay this week for £40 which didn't sell. I've messaged at £30, but not had a reply yet. Fairly easy to re-trim. 

1. Slice along the underside. 

2. Pull frame out through the slice. 

3. £3.99 for a Daffyd Vest on eBay. Diamonds are the exact same size and direction. 

IMG_20180504_204639341.jpg

IMG_20180504_204621767.jpg

IMG_20180509_185816891.jpg

• Thanks 1

Is that how you do it, I have been trying to roll the material off without success! If you slice the underside how do you reseal it? One last thing, what the he'll is a daffyd vest? Is that from Gavin & Stacey? 

Great help, thanks dt36

• Like 1

Use a fresh new stanley blade and cut along the join. 

The  old netting is just stretched around the frame that has retaining lugs on the bottom of the frame. You can use the old net as a template and just run some stitching on the new stuff. Slide it back in and just glue it back along the cut. 

A Daffyd Vest?  Right, there's a boy in my village. His names Daffyd. Now Daffyd's a little bit different and is a big fan of Right Said Fred.  You could safely say that Daffyd is... 

Anyway, get your Daffyd Vest here.  I Pre warned my Missus and actually ordered it the same time as some pond meshing samples. :-)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F311541879287

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...