Show the Critics the Door - Your 4 Door!

1 hour ago, katana said:

Not stopping DIY conversions - its sales of decent / powerful V8 cars - most manufacturers are switching to turbo V6's which just don't have the right noise if you get my drift!

Same here all our V8 muscle cars are no more. They import the Mustang like they do there but that's about it. We don't even have GM any more.

8 hours ago, katana said:

Racist LOL! It is actually English so I fully understand why you don't understand it! :D

Hahaha I listen to the Queens speech every year and she no sound like that! Im getting better at the accents and trying to learn the differences. Im always amazed at the diversity of accents there so closely grouped together in the UK. We dont seem to have any regional cultural identity like they do there which is a shame. You can fly 5000km to the other side of the country and they sound the same. With my grandfather (whom I never met) being from Lancashire I wonder what accent I would have had?

I did think that about Australian accent - you obviously have one but as you say, it doesn't vary much which is odd as pretty much every language has regional variations that can be detected by natives. I'm off to visit my cousins up in Norfolk in a few weeks and that accent can baffle me sometimes even the syntax of sentence construction is backwards! I can imitate the accent quite well but its the syntax thing that I can't do which is so noticeable to a native speaker. It is remarkable that for such a small island the massive diversity of accents we do have - it's what makes us so interesting LOL!

• Love 1

3 hours ago, NudgerSS said:

@Rally Pack 2000 I've come up to Queensland and they definitely speak different to around Sydney. Much more the Crocodile Dundee stereotypical Aussie accent I think.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hoges was a Harbour Bridge Painter so that should be our accent! Its all these border closures and no longer mingling, now that we are operating as 7 separate countries everyone is doing their own thing! I would hate to think we will end up making fun of our northern accents too eventually LOL

Hoges was a Harbour Bridge Painter so that should be our accent! Its all these border closures and no longer mingling, now that we are operating as 7 separate countries everyone is doing their own thing! I would hate to think we will end up making fun of our northern accents too eventually LOL

Well I'm back down to Sydney tomorrow after a month in the sunshine. Not because we want to but because the bank manager insists!

2 minutes ago, NudgerSS said:

Well I'm back down to Sydney tomorrow after a month in the sunshine. Not because we want to but because the bank manager insists!

Wow really? How are you being allowed to cross the border? My bank manager just laughs and shakes his head rather than says anything in particular!

4 minutes ago, NudgerSS said:

We're coming from clean Queensland to dirty NSW. It's only closed the other way.

Oh really? I though the two female Premiers were having a tit for tat bitch fest and were blocking each other both ways out of spite. But regardless my commiserations having come back to Sydney.

• Like 1

Oh really? I though the two female Premiers to having a tit for tat bitch fest and were blocking each other both ways out of spite. But regardless my commiserations having come back to Sydney.
The wife's not too chuffed but she has to be in the office on Monday. Think we're going to give up the Neutral Bay apartment and move up to the Northern Beaches. Bit more of a relaxed lifestyle.

Just now, NudgerSS said:

The wife's not too chuffed but she has to be in the office on Monday. Think we're going to give up the Neutral Bay apartment and move up to the Northern Beaches. Bit more of a relaxed lifestyle.

I would sympathise more but living in a Neutral Bay apartment in one of the countries most affluent suburbs is not quite doing it rough LOL If she lived out here further west she would be horrified at this dump LOL

• Like 1

I would sympathise more but living in a Neutral Bay apartment in one of the countries most affluent suburbs is not quite doing it rough LOL If she lived out here further west she would be horrified at this dump LOL
No there's nothing shabby about it lol but it's bloody expensive for what you get. Much more value for money further out.