Sign in to follow this  
Ray

cantupoad photos

hi Scott

for some reason I cant upload photos, updated the resto, was fine, went to do another 2 mins later and seizure every time, left it overnight, no different, tried a different site without problems

I think somewhere in the administration control panel there's a setting that places a limit on the amount of space each member can use for uploads. I will take a look when I get a moment. 

Are you still having a problem with this Ray? I have checked the admin panel and as a contributor you have an unlimited attachment quota (you're currently at 1.04Gb) so this shouldn't be the issue.

Just an observation but some of the ones you're uploading are very large (nearly 3Mb in some cases) though this isn't particularly large for a photo these days, it is large for a forum to save them all. Can you reduce the file size first please?

hi Scott

cant upload at home, so think its a bt issue tbh,

you have to bear in mind I'm a total pc novice, running a basic windows, I wouldn't have a clue how to reduce the photo size tbh, but the ones that keep failing it said were 1.2

help in telling me hoe would be appreciated

will give a try from here in a bit,

as an aside, they load onto Retards Club from home without an issue, just not on here

I can't comment on FB's upload software they may have compression software built in that reduces the file size

To reduce the file size yourself, try right click with the mouse and select "open with" you should have some form of basic photo editing software (Microsoft office or Paint for instance) that you can reduce the no of pixels to reduce the frame size. Save them as separate files though as you may not want to reduce the quality of your original pictures.

Just to compare, my own total attachment size is less than half yours after more than 10 years longer than you on the forum.

ok, opened with ms paint, that's where I get confused lol, I can get to know its a 3000 x 4000 pixel picture, but what the hell would I change it to, as I said, not computer minded unfortunately, think I had this trouble with the profile pics tbh, my pc at home I don't even have that option to change the pixels / size as my daughter did look at that for me and said I cant do that on there

3 minutes ago, Ray said:

ok, opened with ms paint, that's where I get confused lol, I can get to know its a 3000 x 4000 pixel picture, but what the hell would I change it to, as I said, not computer minded unfortunately, think I had this trouble with the profile pics tbh, my pc at home I don't even have that option to change the pixels / size as my daughter did look at that for me and said I cant do that on there

If you open it in paint, click resize in the tool bar. You then get the options of by pixels of by percent. Choose percent and select 50% for both horizontal and vertical and see how it comes out, remember to save it as a new file though.