Jump to content
Rally Pack 2000

Rare, Unique or Prototypes

Recommended Posts

Continuing the Fiesta Prototype theme, 1978 also gave use the Ford Fiesta Fantasy

FiestaFantasy8.thumb.jpg.c4729fad64044ade22d69716f69ecb47.jpg

FiestaFantasy1.thumb.jpg.5a09f31f3718b8a09a4132a77533b606.jpg

FiestaFantasy2.jpg.96cfda0e0d1179e2dea5ccf33fcfec18.jpg

FiestaFantasy3(1978).thumb.jpg.897b0589ea5b6aefd5743b57fad94383.jpg

FiestaFantasy4(1978).thumb.jpg.05b71b502aec5fafa7061f89f483ccb2.jpg

FiestaFantasy5.thumb.jpg.965175ae486df3317baef63d07968da0.jpg

FiestaFantasy6.thumb.jpg.a5867a81e72ef2c5faa398166880a560.jpg

FiestaFantasy7.thumb.jpg.c71701018b3d9a22827e489a062ffccb.jpg

That wasn't even remotely close to the car I fantasized about when I was a kid ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Continuing the Fiesta Prototype theme, 1978 also gave use the Ford Fiesta Fantasy

FiestaFantasy6.thumb.jpg.a5867a81e72ef2c5faa398166880a560.jpg

That wasn't even remotely close to the car I fantasized about when I was a kid ?

The two women might have wandered into my fantasies when I was a kid though!! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Orientals have good form for crap naming of cars - no we never got it! But I bet it was RWD and so a load bed made sense - with the Fester put more than a couple of hundred weight in the back of it and you'd lose steering, drive and braking - real banging idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, katana said:

The Orientals have good form for crap naming of cars - no we never got it! But I bet it was RWD and so a load bed made sense - with the Fester put more than a couple of hundred weight in the back of it and you'd lose steering, drive and braking - real banging idea!

LOL No it was Front Wheel Drive with a 550cc three cylinder engine. I remember the ad promotion had one sheep filling the back. I actually got the opportunity to drive them quite extensively as my sister owned two of them. The main thing I remember about them is that everyone, especially trucks, would tailgate you where-ever you went.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

LOL No it was Front Wheel Drive with a 550cc three cylinder engine. I remember the ad promotion had one sheep filling the back.   The main thing I remember about them is that everyone, especially trucks, would tailgate you where-ever you went.

They were just trying to get your sheep......:sheepshagger:??

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More Fiesta Prototypes. One many will recognize, the Tuareg from 1978. Lucky it never was produced as it was inevitably going to be referred to as the Toe Rag.

FiestaTuareg2.jpg.22025ef98211a230edfe68e207013333.jpg

FiestaTuareg3(1978).jpg.1fe79fcf71bfe929404e5b194990a484.jpg

FiestaTuareg4(1978).jpg.5f02dd5b62ad44a8128da5685de33e6d.jpg

FiestaTuareg6.jpg.a524ab6918220860e17ec8be873bb62d.jpg

FiestaTuareg7.jpg.189464be7f217f7e6e5fcf7fb9d5820d.jpg

FiestaTuareg8.jpg.57e5f7736adb80e23742231f98d2086f.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s something I’ve never heard of !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/05/2019 at 04:00, colr6 said:

That’s something I’ve never heard of !

Neither had I till I stumbled across it looking for something else!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uniquely Australian 4 Door RS2000s and Rally Pack models have their own thread but there was another unique sporting model that made up a trilogy on the Australian sporting Escort scene.

The 2lt Pinto engined Sundowner Panel Van in bright 70s colours with matching psychedelic stripes and a unique round bubble window.

Ford-Escort-Sundowner-side-angle-1422-(1).thumb.jpg.e831239e3a248589eabad34f31d20e86.jpg

SundownerVan2.thumb.jpg.c8e381f9fd2b6cc5283e8794bf422a64.jpg

SundownerVan1.thumb.jpg.f9ac3149592b56e71a7b7484595a6a4c.jpg

SundownerVan3.thumb.jpg.8630c8c3f872f4a502f1eefa5d788b39.jpg

SundownerVan9.thumb.jpg.6d703fd4bb162b7250e13d40a98e1731.jpg

SundownerVan5.jpg.e97b78426f3aa4839932df74db1dfbc1.jpg

SundownerVan4.JPG.6f5a40bc130f2d8c818d00d0da24950f.JPG

SundownerVan6.JPG.fe169c1ef2e04380f2e77e0fbbb790c9.JPG

SundownerVan7.jpeg.b20135403d3409ef9e59aeea8c6f1e6c.jpeg

Front spoilers are added and not original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the huntsman was a run out model prior to mk3 introduction.i think it was based on GL models with sports wheels and trim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Uniquely Australian 4 Door RS2000s and Rally Pack models have their own thread but there was another unique sporting model that made up a trilogy on the Australian sporting Escort scene.

The 2lt Pinto engined Sundowner Panel Van in bright 70s colours with matching psychedelic stripes and a unique round bubble window.

Ford-Escort-Sundowner-side-angle-1422-(1).thumb.jpg.e831239e3a248589eabad34f31d20e86.jpg

SundownerVan2.thumb.jpg.c8e381f9fd2b6cc5283e8794bf422a64.jpg

SundownerVan1.thumb.jpg.f9ac3149592b56e71a7b7484595a6a4c.jpg

SundownerVan3.thumb.jpg.8630c8c3f872f4a502f1eefa5d788b39.jpg

SundownerVan9.thumb.jpg.6d703fd4bb162b7250e13d40a98e1731.jpg

SundownerVan5.jpg.e97b78426f3aa4839932df74db1dfbc1.jpg

SundownerVan4.JPG.6f5a40bc130f2d8c818d00d0da24950f.JPG

SundownerVan6.JPG.fe169c1ef2e04380f2e77e0fbbb790c9.JPG

SundownerVan7.jpeg.b20135403d3409ef9e59aeea8c6f1e6c.jpeg

Front spoilers are added and not original.

Nope, me no likee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vista said:

Nope, me no likee

 

1 hour ago, accord83 said:

OooH I do! But I never had much taste.

Factory 2lt Vans what's not to like? You did get a choice of stripe and van colour combinations so its certainly possible you could have deleted the stripes if you ordered one rather than buy one off the showroom floor if thats the part that turned your eyes. Remember it was the colourful 70s. I found the stripes on my Rally Pack a bit tacky and took them off for twenty years but now the bold striping adds to its vintage charm and Im embracing them again. Mk1 RS2000 stripes aren't the most subtle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how rare this is - and it's not strictly a Ford. It is a Falcon Caribbean, which uses the good ole sidevalve four, but I'd never come across one...

image.thumb.png.ce4237699ca718690d641621032fa8c7.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/06/2019 at 20:06, Rally Pack 2000 said:

 

Factory 2lt Vans what's not to like? You did get a choice of stripe and van colour combinations so its certainly possible you could have deleted the stripes if you ordered one rather than buy one off the showroom floor if thats the part that turned your eyes. Remember it was the colourful 70s. I found the stripes on my Rally Pack a bit tacky and took them off for twenty years but now the bold striping adds to its vintage charm and Im embracing them again. Mk1 RS2000 stripes aren't the most subtle.

The stripes and the awful bubble window. The Stripes I could probably learn to live with (but would probably change or remove them) the windows are deal breakers though as taking them out and getting the side panel flat again would be a nightmare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vista said:

The stripes and the awful bubble window. The Stripes I could probably learn to live with (but would probably change or remove them) the windows are deal breakers though as taking them out and getting the side panel flat again would be a nightmare

True the bubble window is one of the main parts of the Sundowner. You could opt out of the stripes but the window was just the way it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jimbonic said:

Not sure how rare this is - and it's not strictly a Ford. It is a Falcon Caribbean, which uses the good ole sidevalve four, but I'd never come across one...

image.thumb.png.ce4237699ca718690d641621032fa8c7.png

i need a falcon sports or caribbean ive already got an ashley a couple of rochdales and an eb60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, eeb43 said:

i need a falcon sports or caribbean ive already got an ashley a couple of rochdales and an eb60

This one's on FleaBay for £6.5k......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps more worrying (Escort van things) is the trend for pointing the spot lights up to bring down airliners.....!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...