OSF CULT

Mexican Gerbil

Old Skool Ford is the most popular old Ford website on the interweb. Or so Classic Ford tell us. (but we knew that anyway!)

But, popularity has its downsides. Traffic. And lots of it. Sponsorship from suppliers takes care of a lot of that, but we still need money coming in to help.

We could ask for £30 a year to become a member of OSF, like most one make clubs ask for. But we're not going to. Membership to OSF costs a lot less.

We are a kind and friendly bunch here, so for just £12 a year (payable by Paypal), you can help the best Ford club on the internet stay the best Ford club on the internet. Where else can you get so much help, advice, entertainment and totally random conversation for that?

You don't have to become one of the exclusive OSF members whose name is in purple at the bottom of the page (between you and me, most people pay the £12 just for that) but all subscribers are welcome.

For only £12 per year you will get:

Issued with your own unique membership number for quoting for insurance discount

Discounted priority tickets for any shows and events we attend. This includes discount codes when available from show organisers

A private room where you will get first dibs on any deals or promos we do

A 10% discount on the new range of OSF products

Your name in Purple showing everyone you are a Cult Of OSF member !!

Increased number of Private Message allowance and the ability to upload attachments to PMs

Not bad for only a pound a month which works out at just 3 pence per day!

So there you have it. If you feel that OSF is worth the small donation of £12 we will certainly appreciate it. It will also make you feel so much better, giving a little bit back.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, not a lot of responses to this thread. To think of all the shows that people want to be a part of, the masses of info readily available, restore threads, vast amount of pictures, the amount of cars that want to be on show stands, the OSF equipment that has to be bought, the signing of documents that the guys do, liability insurance, the list goes on and on.

Seems really strange that for all of the above, probably less than 2% of all that use the site feel happy with paying £1 a month to help keep it all going.

Everyone seems to notice when the sight goes down......🧐

• Like 2

it had to be said guys, please put your hands in your pockets and become cult members, the site needs the financial input, its impossible to keep this site alive on written input alone, and its still the CHEAPEST and BEST club out there

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ray said:

it had to be said guys, please put your hands in your pockets and become cult members, the site needs the financial input, its impossible to keep this site alive on written input alone, and its still the CHEAPEST and BEST club out there

I bet the replies will be out numbered by the tumble weed, the cheapskates......😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Boy said:

How many cult of osf are there ? 

Nowhere near enough. The site is quite friendly in that it welcomes all for free and allows a lot of access whether you contribute or not forever, and lots take advantage of that. Some want to contribute, but it seems most don't think the site is worth £12 a year, which is nuts.

Don't get me wrong, we all lurk for a while, but once you know it's for you, only fair to chip in I think. And like BaileyMex says  OSF badge of honour.....👊....why wouldn't you want it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vista said:

It's now 44 following the two sign ups above.

Wow, that is a low blow - so not even half a percent. Hopefully some of the thousands see this thread and have a ponder on that. 15,000 registered and free to use something that is being funded by just 44 of us.....😲

20 minutes ago, BaileyMex said:

Send out a mass mailshot to all members.

Black Friday special, was £1 a month, now only £12 for a full year 🤣

Mailshots are a thing of the past. The server limits the number sent per cycle so it takes me about 4 days to get a mail shot put to the whole forum as I have to do it manually in batches.

1 hour ago, Vista said:

Mailshots are a thing of the past. The server limits the number sent per cycle so it takes me about 4 days to get a mail shot put to the whole forum as I have to do it manually in batches.

Export all email addresses to Mail chimp? Would that be easier?