Rally Day 2019 - Saturday 21st September

Mexican Gerbil

We can now offer you club stand bookings for Rally Day 2019. 

Rally Day is one of the largest gatherings of Rally cars in the UK. With demostrations out on track, 4X4 off road course, paddock access, stars from past and present and plenty more.  We will once again be having a club stand for 2019. Please use this link to book a stand pass (includes driver ticket) these are £18 plus a £2.49 booking fee https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/shows/rallyday/21/09/2019/?club-book

your club name is - OldSkoolFord 

your unique code is - OLDRALLY

extra adult tickets will need to be purchased separately. And added to your shopping cart once your club pass is in the basket. These are £15 before the end of January. Price increases to £16 till 31st March. Price increases to £18 as of April 

Any issues Pm me 

More info on Rally Day - http://rallyday.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mexican Gerbil said:

Got to combe on 3 cylinders last spring 👍

But didn't make it back......

Im sensing a pattern with your car LOL. I always maintain that classic cars each have their own personalities and quirks. I have driven 16 Twincams all up and no two were alike. Have you considered that your Mexico is more of a home body and gets stage fright when you show it off in public? I have seen much worse in cars some I suspected were either possessed or just evil in their own right. (Ever seen that movie Christine?)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Have you considered that your Mexico is more of a home body and gets stage fright when you show it off in public?

Think throwing it together with bits off the internet hasn't helped. Will soon find out if my cutting out issue was the ignition switch or not. Wheel bearing showed no signs it was about to explode till it did. And the valve seat falling out the cylinder head...... not sure how i could have been prevented it. 

Not concourse to be a trailer queen. Might have to race/track day it instead on a trailer 

2 hours ago, Mexican Gerbil said:

Think throwing it together with bits off the internet hasn't helped. Will soon find out if my cutting out issue was the ignition switch or not. Wheel bearing showed no signs it was about to explode till it did. And the valve seat falling out the cylinder head...... not sure how i could have been prevented it. 

Not concourse to be a trailer queen. Might have to race/track day it instead on a trailer 

There is no other way to get all all the bits! At least most yours are in the same country I have to get them from the other side of the world! (Via Col and Marcel usually)

There is no way you could have predicted those things. I hate it when cars become trailer queens. At the all Ford day just past I saw the weirdest sight with a Mk4 Cortina loaded on the back of a trailer and seven De Tomaso Panteras driving past in a row under their own power! I would have been embarrassed. There is no reason you couldn't tour Europe in a Kent engined car. I will concede that Twincams can get a bit funny at times especially when its hot but a Kent should get you everywhere reliably. Its just sorting past the issues and everything will stabilise. Just hang in there

• Thanks 1

!!!News!!!

Jimmy McRae and son Alister will both be making an appearance at Rallyday 2019. Jimmy is set to be reunited with his Metro 6R4 and drive it on the day. A new legends stage has been set up for the stars of the day to drive around.

Rally co-driving legend, Nicky Grist, has been confirmed. He will also be driving his restored Toyota Celica ST185 around the legends Stage. 

For more news on what's on follow the link http://rallyday.com/news/

• 2 weeks later...

News!!!

HISTORIC WRC MACHINERY ADDED TO RALLYDAY 2019 LINE UP

Ian Gwynne's BGMSport will bring 21 cars belonging to various customers, with Rally Replay ensuring more genuine Italian WRC heritage than ever before. Highlights of the event will include a display of Ford machinery from through the generations, starting with an ex-Roger Clark Lotus Ford Cortina and ending with an ex-Colin McRae Ford Focus RS (WRC01).

http://rallyday.com/news/

• Like 1