47 pickup

Fuel pipe question

I need to make up and fit new fuel pipe along the chassis from tank to fuel rail and I need advice on what type pipe to use and a good supplier. I have been interested in the nylon / plastic type but how do you fit the ends successfully. Would prefer stainless pipe or mild steel. Are olives OK or flared ends the way to go?

I used new fuel hose from tank to 8mm stainless pipe which ran along floor front to back. In line filter and facet pump also plumbed in....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I did similar-used 8mm copper pipe along chassis rail under car and braided into boot from alloy tank to pump/filter, and rubber fuel hose into engine bay to carbs-just used jubilee clips to fix to copper.

Me to with the copper pipe most of the length then rubber to connect at each end, check the quality of the rubber you use. Some older samples don’t like the modern day fuel and dissintergrate.

I used PTFE Core (Teflon) Stainless Steel Braided Clear PVC Coated Hose

3 hours ago, meXEco said:

I did similar-used 8mm copper pipe along chassis rail under car and braided into boot from alloy tank to pump/filter, and rubber fuel hose into engine bay to carbs-just used jubilee clips to fix to copper.

Similar for mine but run inside along passenger side of the tunnel for flow and return back in proper plastic to the swirl pot. Only thing to remember is lots of pipe clips - every foot if necessary to make sure vibration isn't an issue as it will work harden copper and that leads to fractures and splits - not good in a pressurised line!

Yes forgot to say I used plenty of rubber lined P clips to secure the copper.

16 hours ago, katana said:

Similar for mine but run inside along passenger side of the tunnel for flow and return back in proper plastic to the swirl pot. Only thing to remember is lots of pipe clips - every foot if necessary to make sure vibration isn't an issue as it will work harden copper and that leads to fractures and splits - not good in a pressurised line!

Hi, interested in how you handled the plastic pipe. How are the ends fitted to whatever you used? Thanks

23 minutes ago, 47 pickup said:

Hi, interested in how you handled the plastic pipe. How are the ends fitted to whatever you used? Thanks

As the plastic is on the return line (little or no pressure) I just used rubber hose pushed well over the end and cable tied. But in the past i've softened the plastic with a heat gun and pushed it over a barb fitting to get a thread on the end - oil pressure gauges are favourite but would work to a EFI fuel pump ( with a clip for added security)

Cable tying sounds a bit dodgy to me LOL.  So heating the plastic pipe and pushing over the barbed fitting is the way forward for me. just like OEM. Thanks

Nylon/plastic pipe for me nowadays unless it needs to be factory 

heat it to bend it to shape, p clips to hold it abbey hose sell it, plenty of fittings to be able to use any pump etc