Sign in to follow this  
Rally Pack 2000

Mk2 Lotus Cortina

I note that Mk1 Lotus Cortinas are fetching ridiculous prices so I was wondering what the Mk2s go for these days instead?

Any members here one one? Would love to see some images of it if you do and your thoughts on ownership. Thanks

1 hour ago, Vista said:

They fetch strong money too.....but nowhere near the mk1's

This one went to auction for £21k in 2015

Thats good money but I wouldnt call that ridiculous for a car with only 5000 miles on the clock and had been treated as well as that one. I have seen Mk1s fetch 5 times that.

The last one I saw in real life was a few years ago at the local wreckers in the car park.

16 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Thats good money but I wouldnt call that ridiculous for a car with only 5000 miles on the clock and had been treated as well as that one. I have seen Mk1s fetch 5 times that.

The last one I saw in real life was a few years ago at the local wreckers in the car park.

It was restored and repainted in the early 80's so I would wager good money that it's been round the clock at least once and that that mileage is in fact 105000

Yes I guess it would have been round the clock at least once. At least they come in colours though although most still seem to be white.

1968_ford_lotus_cortina_mk_ii_1.jpg.86cf001dc4877e687daebdf4c772b682.jpg

As a youth there was a guy who had two twink mk2s, one for rallying and one as his daily. Just the sound of them made you turn round. The unforgettable sound of Weber’s They were both white and green stripe. I remember turning one down for £400!!! How you regret things

9 minutes ago, colr6 said:

As a youth there was a guy who had two twink mk2s, one for rallying and one as his daily. Just the sound of them made you turn round. The unforgettable sound of Weber’s They were both white and green stripe.

It does have a unique bark to it at full throttle. Is that where you developed your fascination for that engine?

6 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

It does have a unique bark to it at full throttle. Is that where you developed your fascination for that engine?

Possibly, us poor people could only afford the likes of the anglebox/ mk1/mk2 cortina basic models. So to see and hear these was a big buzz. Minis never did anything for me apart from fill my eyes full of crap changing sub frames....lol

28 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Yes I guess it would have been round the clock at least once. At least they come in colours though although most still seem to be white.

1968_ford_lotus_cortina_mk_ii_1.jpg.86cf001dc4877e687daebdf4c772b682.jpg

best colour white and green.

You guys need more colour in your lives. You see nothing but white all winter it damages the retinas to fixate on white things! Lotus with colour is best!

What about white with a red stripe?

Lotus-Cortina-Police-11-v2.jpg.4206fab89926c5df2646ddeb4825f858.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vista said:

I like the mk2 Lotus in other colours myself, but the white / green look is what people generally associate them with. 

I think so too even if they are subtle period colours.

LotusCortina1.jpg.24270293558f6f011db1df16f2e032cb.jpg

LotusCortina2.thumb.JPG.bbd8b373d51823a975ae8ffa412ee1fb.JPG

mine is 1 of the rarer but most common colour! plain white never had a green stripe

14 minutes ago, Vista said:

Nice in Fern green, rare too 

IMG_20190117_210434.jpg

Used to have a 1600E in that colour, sprayed it aubergine after a week!

12 minutes ago, eeb43 said:

mine is 1 of the rarer but most common colour! plain white never had a green stripe

perhaps i should rephrase that!

mine is the most common colour in the rarest colour scheme!!!!! lol

39 minutes ago, Vista said:

Nice in Fern green, rare too 

IMG_20190117_210434.jpg

I do like that alot.

25 minutes ago, eeb43 said:

So you have a Mk2 Lotus Cortina then? I was hoping an owner of one would chime in to tell us about it.

1 minute ago, notenoughtime said:

Something I’m restoring for a friend, not a lotus something rarer 

DCE0356E-B6D7-4ED9-B48B-406D81EAE98F.jpeg

What rarer Coritina is there then a Lotus version?

On 18/01/2019 at 09:55, notenoughtime said:

Simple answer lol

If that's what it is could you possibly add some information and images to the Rare and Prototype thread. We would love to hear all about it.

• Like 1