Sign in to follow this  
Rally Pack 2000

Mk2 Lotus Cortina

5 hours ago, eeb43 said:

what about the 6 four door lotus mk2s??????

I only know of the two Police supplied prototypes, were there others?

Statistics

At 2749 units made, the 2 door 1600E was the most rare of all the Mk2 Cortinas out of the 1,013, 391 Mk2 Cortinas made. With 57,524 4 door 1600Es, and 4032 Lotus models made, the 2 door 1600E was a very small niche market for Ford UK.

0321C959-9B6D-4D89-A474-07B9B369089E.jpeg

Two 4-door versions were supplied to the Mid-Anglia Constabulary for evaluation as use as a fast patrol and pursuit car by British Police forces. The trial never went beyond the two vehicles, which are both still in existence.[10]

• Like 3

On 19/01/2019 at 15:43, Rally Pack 2000 said:

If that's what it is could you possibly add some information and images to the Rare and Prototype thread. We would love to hear all about it.

I’ll start a build thread at some point 

pits had new strut tops welded in so look factory lower wing bottoms, wheel wells and lower rear corners 

22 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Just bumping this thread. Are we absolutely sure there are no other Mk2 Lotus Cortinas in our midst? I'm having a clairvoyant moment. :wink:@Munch

mines in bits still

4 hours ago, eeb43 said:

mines in bits still

Thats no excuse we still want to see it even in bits! In fact people love watching the progress on these things. Tell us what year model it is at least, what colour it is and what unique features it may have? Do you think you will be staring it soon?