Cant get on

meXEco

There is the parse error message that is mentioned in another topic. It does occur semi regular that Im sure Vista will sort out soon. Generally when you get the error message which I have also been getting all day and quick refresh gets me to the Forum menu. At previous times when a refresh hasn't worked I often find it handy to go through the link provided by an email notice to a liked post or private message. That sort of logs you on through the back door.

• 5 weeks later...

got this one keep coming up now

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gridhost.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

A more serious log in problem happening at the moment. I cant get on through the front page I had to use a link from and email to get me to a private message and logged on through the back door. But Im the only one online for a while now so I dare say the fault is preventing others getting on. Earlier today the new post widget was missing altogether.

Still not working for me I get this error message every time I visit the site. Refreshing doesnt work unless your already logged it.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /var/sites/o/oldskoolford.co.uk/public_html/ipb/datastore/widget_stats_niuly6yjg_a7b720d72e166b2188eabcbb8ca2ef5a.9de1ce385e.php on line 6

I have to keep a link to another part of the site and then log in from there. Then when I get the error again I can refresh as my password is then in my cache.

10 hours ago, Vista said:

I am struggling to get to the bottom of what is causing this unfortunately. 

Just now was the first time in a few days I didnt have any error message whatsoever and logged on normally. Maybe its a server issue outside your control as one of the messages I got yesterday was a 501 Server error in really big writing.

TBH, I have no clue as to what a widget is, I generally only log on on a PC, whilst I cant see any difference without these Smiths beer can bits, it may be me, but the site seems to run a lot quicker and smoother without them

12 minutes ago, Ray said:

TBH, I have no clue as to what a widget is, I generally only log on on a PC, whilst I cant see any difference without these Smiths beer can bits, it may be me, but the site seems to run a lot quicker and smoother without them

Go to the home page by clicking on the logo at the top left and you'll see them down the right hand side of the page. Popular posts, who's online, contributors subscription button etc. I have put a few of them back up to see if the issue repeats.

I did have a server error earlier today so issues at my end arent 100% widget related. That's good in a way as I don't want the widgets gone permanently.

One thing with them is that they do work fine for a while and then suddenly cause a problem. So they can work well there is just some error that creeps into them every now and then.  I see everything is up and running again now without any problems though so very well done.