Hi,

First car was a Mk 4 1600 Cortina back in 1985, and I now own a 1969 Mk 2 with 2.0 ltr Pinto, mild cam, extractors, 32/36 Weber, electronic ignition and GT dash etc. Not an original GT unfortunately.

Super reliable and just about an every day driver (not so much in the winter).

Cortina 1_LI.jpg

Cortina 2_LI.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to OSF, nice looking cortina 👍

Unfortunately you can't get away with using clasdic fords as dailys over here anymore, they're a hot target for thieves and would get stolen in no time 🙄

Welcome to OSF, nice car and setting. Was looking at the pic and thought something missing to finish the back end off. The trims off the 1600E, takes away the bland look and to me finishes it off.

85729926-7E56-49E7-A3EF-5A4EA6066AA0.png

8 hours ago, colr6 said:

Welcome to OSF, nice car and setting. Was looking at the pic and thought something missing to finish the back end off. The trims off the 1600E, takes away the bland look and to me finishes it off.

Thanks colr6.

The rear trim does look good - balances it with the all the chrome on the front.  I have a pile of chrome trim that came with the car, and on my list of things to do is clean it up and add the window trim.  I'll see if there is rear trim also, although drilling holes in the boot and body is not so appealing.