Sign in to follow this  
stevegav

Going from 80ish bhp to 165ish bhp.

Hi all. Im almost ready to fit my engine,  711M+90 forged , ported head, double spings, 244 cam. Would really appreciate your views on rads/oil breather tanks, battery and staters, and also electronic mappable ignitions (to alllow lower revs (town errr)). 

Your idea on mappable ign would be a good idea and throttle position sensor would help with town driving on the 244 cam as it’s a bit lairy for town use. Think the Rev band is 3 k up. There’s plenty of good quality alloy rads about followed up with a good fan in front of it, thermostatically controlled.For the battery take note of the start amps on the battery spec more than anything to keep it whizzing over.

• Like 1

And for a starter motor, you will not go far wrong with one of “ APPOLDHAM,s “1.2Kw geared upgrade starter motors.

Turns my 11.1/1 C.R. Pinto 2.2 over like the plugs are out, instant starter, every time, coupled to a Yuasa 55A.H. 585 C.C.A. battery, and Lucas ACR 18 Alternator.

All these items are available from the likes of EBAY, but choose the seller carefully, APPOLDHAM is very good.

I second an Apoldham starter. Great service, very friendly and helpful guy.