Unhelpful vehicle breakers

colr6

Bought a damaged repairable transit connect a couple of weeks ago, not done one for a long time. But how things have changed !! Being wher3 I live the end of the earth we don’t have any real scrappies near me well only one who has any parts. Rang them as I needed a full side, wing door and rear quarter. Now the learning begins. They won’t cut any panels off a shell, had this from a few breakers, supposedly to stop cut and shuts. That’s fair enough joining two together not the done thing anymore. I wanted the outer panel....still NO!  Won’t split a fan and housing off a radiator got to buy it all. Wanted a pair of gear cables, got to buy the full linkage system. Needed all three engine mounts, no they go with the engine or if not won’t take them off a shell. Need two alloy wheels anyway found a set of four in wednesbury on fleabay so spoke to the guy to see if Incould send a courier, yep no problem. Great only needed two but he won’t split, that’s fair enough. Went on the net found paisley freight will do for £33 all in, smashing, then reading their terms the wheels had to be wrapped in cardboard separately with a label on. Rang the guy....he said I ain’t got no cardboard so can’t do it, I mean what’s it going to take to get a bit of cardboard and box up. Taking it these are £300 nope not interested. Square enough get them from somewhere else! Most of the conversations I’ve had they won’t split anything and won’t help out of townies. Got a fair bit of stuff from winsford and that even cost me £50 plus vat to send, no negotiation on anything take it or leave it ! Scrappies have changed a lot, in my day they’d be glad to sell you a single nut without buying the bloody whole car it was attached to! Whatever happened to helpful people ????

A26A892A-EA11-4699-948E-2CBA1BA5552C.jpeg

New council regulations on storage and oil spillage means no new wreckers have opened here in Sydney for many years. So as the old ones close there are never replacements. Car manufacturers prefer it that way so they can sell more new parts and when they phase the models out altogether your forced to buy a new one. We are lectured every day on recycling yet making best use of perfectly good parts on damaged cars is where big business says whats good and whats not.

35 minutes ago, Ray said:

can you not buy another, with either the other side damaged, or a fubar engine etc and make one from 2

Thought of that Ray, with all the environmental shite there is these days you need a disposal licence. So that one out the window.

8 hours ago, colr6 said:

Thought of that Ray, with all the environmental shite there is these days you need a disposal licence. So that one out the window.

round our way, you break it for what you want, sell as much as you can on flea bay, pikeys take the scrapmetal, plastics go in the black bags in the house hold waste, we were told by the local re cycling centre to put it in the black bags as they didn't want it, or you just weigh it in, plastics the lot all inside the shell, and they deal with the V5, no problems, the scrap yard has the environmental licence, ive weighed them in like that about 6 times in the last 18 months 

alternatively, your wife thinks shes married a pikey, just dump the remains in the back garden to rot away lol

3 minutes ago, Vista said:

Nice.........but by the time you add the VAT, that's a £43,000 van. I can think of much nicer ways of getting around and carrying a load for that money.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902064670256

image.png

Glad my other half doesn’t read these posts, you’d get me shot!