Sign in to follow this  
tay14

Sytec throttle linkage problem.40 dcoe

I have recently fitted a single Weber 40 dcoe to my 1967 mk2 cortina fitted with a pre xflow.
i have fitted a sytec twin cable throttle kit but the problem I carnt get full throttle.
As my car has a rod set up originally to operate the throttle I have welded a vertical rod as many other people have to mount the cable block ,but when the throttle is hard to the floor I only get half throttle.
i have tried to adjusted the cables etc but still carnt get it set up right.i have thought about cutting a big hole in the floor to give me more travel but that might be a bit drastic.any ideas would be appreciated thanks paul.

I'm a bit confused - I think the block you are referring to should be fitted on the pedal ie. inside the car, its height on the pedal lever determines the cable pull at the carb. The carb should have a bracket to mount the cables and cable adjusters - this has a shaft that moves the carb throttle shaft via a rod - do a google search for images!

29 minutes ago, katana said:

I'm a bit confused - I think the block you are referring to should be fitted on the pedal ie. inside the car, its height on the pedal lever determines the cable pull at the carb. The carb should have a bracket to mount the cables and cable adjusters - this has a shaft that moves the carb throttle shaft via a rod - do a google search for images!

The block is on my modified pedal inside the car but what I am thinking the vertical rod that the block is fitted to needs to be longer to give me more pull. 

I have modified my pedal like this one but my rod is slightly more to the left  

DF04-D6-BD-2-D5-D-4-CFF-A76-C-69-EE7873-

I would think the issue is with the length of your lever/adapter. 

Get the carb end at its fully open position and stick it open. Go to your pedal end with the cable not attached. Position the free pedal down where it would normally be around full throttle. 

Get a cardboard template made up between the position of the two, pedal and cable end pulled tight. When you're happy, weld it on.