Sign in to follow this  
Mexican Gerbil

Oil pressure pipe grommets

don't know if theyre any different on mk2, but from experience, that grommet is an arse to change, I found it easier in the end to replace the pipe, because the pipe is hard plastic to start with, and has very much age hardened, even warming it dosnt work very well, it either stays too hard, or shrivels up in a meltdown as you try putting the fitting back in, you have to cut the end off, change the grommet and re fit the end, re fitting that end is where your problem starts, if you look at the AVO forum, you will see timo tomo's mex resto, on there he tells you how he did it, by making a clamping device, I would look for you, but I gave my membership up so cant access it

I hate to say it, but I think burtons do a replacement pipe, but not sure it comes with grommets

I got a couple of repro grommets years ago from a rally company, but they stopped doing them, not surprised tbh, as like all repro rubber, it was shite and split easy, and I ended up buying a NOS pipe to get over the problems, ive never seen genuine grommets for sale on their own, and not seen patterns for years now either

its like the speedo cable, designed to be changed as a whole thing rather than be taken apart really

• Thanks 1

I needed to order a new pipe as it split a few year back as it was to brittle. Just a slight knock and it broke off the fitting. 

As for the grommet, I don’t have one, is missing. So planned to order the pipe and grommets but can’t find anywhere that sells them together pre fitted