Can I refurbish my bonnet badge?

chinkamon

6 hours ago, colr6 said:

Think for £20 it makes so much difference, especially right on the front of the bonnet what everyone’s eyes clap an immediate view of. Get one bought👍

This is so true and this very thing happened just watching TV this week. The other day when I watched that last Grand Tour Episode I mentioned on the forum Jeremy Clarkson was driving a Mk1 Lotus Cortina and while he was standing in front of it talking about it I noticed the worn Cortina Badge on the bonnet. The first thing I thought was arent these things worth a hundred thousand quid these days surely he could lash out on a new badge!

1 minute ago, colr6 said:

That’s interesting, while they wer3 filming they did take close up shots of front and rear of mine. Whether it go5 on the episode don’t know.

I wasn't looking for yours to be honest as I didn't realise it was in it. What sequence would you have been in? Were you in the end part where they showed all the Fords arriving at the cathedral? Or in the traffic jam itself?

They did a lot of filming before going off to the cathedral, that’s were mine was done. We sat for 25mins in stationary traffic while it was pissing down so did a U turn and left. We’d been there 3 hrs, very disappointed with the whole affair.

48 minutes ago, colr6 said:

They did a lot of filming before going off to the cathedral, that’s were mine was done. We sat for 25mins in stationary traffic while it was pissing down so did a U turn and left. We’d been there 3 hrs, very disappointed with the whole affair.

I just watched the end sequence again to see if I could see  your car but I couldn't see it unfortunately. There were alot of Mk2s and 3s but not that many Mk1s in that sequence

19 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

I just watched the end sequence again to see if I could see  your car but I couldn't see it unfortunately. There were alot of Mk2s and 3s but not that many Mk1s in that sequence

I won’t be waiting next to the letter box for my Oscar nomination to come through then ....lol