Quico

Spotlight brackets

Now that my car is almost finished in terms of bodywork and paint, I'm in a dilemma if I should put the cibies back in or not.

I used to have the aluminium quick release brackets but now that all the screw holes were removed from the front, I think I don't want to drill new ones.

So I need ideas to put new brackets in a way that if I remove them later on, it wont be noticeable.

Any ideas?

How are the spotlights fixed in the 1300E?

I ran mine for 6 months without but caved in and fitted them back on. The top is sort of hidden where the grill is but down the front there is nowhere to hide. Unless you get a square number plate and once spots are removed fit the oblong plate to hide the holes......but then the spots will be very close together 

5CAE4432-F980-4866-8E28-A99226FE0CB5.jpeg

FA0B018E-F798-4931-B46B-AE9EE634C734.jpeg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mexican Gerbil said:

I ran mine for 6 months without but caved in and fitted them back on. The top is sort of hidden where the grill is but down the front there is nowhere to hide. Unless you get a square number plate and once spots are removed fit the oblong plate to hide the holes......but then the spots will be very close together 

I have the exact same brackets, had them fitted a few year back but now the car is almost restored I'm looking for something different so I don't have to make any visible holes

I never intended putting cibies on the mk1.
Like the clean look with just the bumpers but they do look good with the cibies too....
I'm with you on drilling holes in the new, painted steel tho b395aee0cadedf55d5b06470ba74eb8b.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 2