CF Show 2019 - Are you going or staying home?

Mk2Jo

CF Show 2019 - Yay or Nay?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. To help us understand why numbers are down please vote below - particularly if you were on our club stand in recent years.

• I'm already booked onto the club stand, thanks.
    • I'm not going this year as I don't like the venue/too far for me to go
    • I never go anyway
    • I would go again if it returned to Santa Pod
    • I'm booked onto another club stand this year
    • I'm not going (for another reason)

As most of you know, after many years at Santa Pod dragstrip, Classic Ford Show this year has moved to a new venue - Mallory Park - the date is Sunday 2nd June.

We have noticed a drop in numbers applying for a space on our OSF club stand.   We are told that the numbers for the new venue overall are down on previous years but to help us understand if this is due to the venue or another reason, please could you take the time to reply to the poll on this post.

If you wish to give your views, please do so by also commenting after you have given your vote.    If you wish to remain anonymous, that's fine too ;)

We are particularly interested in the views of those of you that would normally have booked to be on our club stand but are not going this year.

Thanks everyone and to those of you who are coming along to support OSF, we'll see  you there! :)

Hi Jo the reasons I’m not attending this year is because the event is to close to our return from the CF tour in France, we are away for 4 days with CF the weekend before and I don’t feel the venue will offer the track action that the pod does.

We are going to give the Ford day at the pod in July a go instead.

• Like 1

I was reluctant to go this year due to the change of venue, after going on and off to pod for the last 10years. I thought I would give this a try this year see how it is. 

But obviously people have the same thoughts hence the poll

• Like 1

i am booked on the stand, i hope i can go, becaurse my mum just got in a nursing home, i will leave on the saterday, maybe go back on the sunday or monday.

the first classic ford show on santa pod, wasn't so big, but still great, it just grew from there, i think it will be a good show, and if more people will attend, it will be great from the first show, we all make the show.

i have to come from holland, so it's a big drive, but it has been great each year, this year will be the same.

please try to get there,

cheers marcel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anglia58 said:

i am booked on the stand, i hope i can go, becaurse my mum just got in a nursing home, i will leave on the saterday, maybe go back on the sunday or monday.

the first classic ford show on santa pod, wasn't so big, but still great, it just grew from there, i think it will be a good show, and if more people will attend, it will be great from the first show, we all make the show.

i have to come from holland, so it's a big drive, but it has been great each year, this year will be the same.

please try to get there,

cheers marcel

Sorry to hear about your Mother Marcel. Always a difficult heart breaking decision.

• 2 weeks later...

i just got lucky, my sister will come to holland, so she will look after my mum, and i can go to the show, i am glad it's possible, i think it will be a great show to see, the ticket for my sister will be free, when this arrives by mail, i can sent it to someone from here, for notthing, we don't need it, i will let you know then, so people try to come to the best show, cheers marcel

DSCF4284.JPG

Basically, my car won't be ready! Also, my weekends are, generally, heavily booked up with chores! I'm hoping that I will have my car finished and chores finished up by next year.....

I do enjoy a bit of track action - especially when corners are involved, so I'd be keen on Mallory. I've never driven that track, but spectated loads of times back in the day; looks a lot of fun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...