hooligan

engine swap coming soon

I hope its going into an Anglia - I remember watching Broadspeed Anglia's racing at Crystal Palace when I was a kid!

Oh that's a shame, that's not going to fit your car, an it looks terrible... Tell you what, as I'm a gent, I'll come pick that terrible looking engine up an take it away for you, and you just stick with the existing motor, save yourself some trouble, an I won't even charge for taking the new engine, cos I'm nice... 😂 😂 

• Haha 2

Its a beautiful looking engine. Mine looks similar but the rat look version 😩.

Maybe one day....

Where did you get the rocker cover from? I only want to go ally r/c if i can get something different to the usuall burton types.

Cheers Rich 

4 hours ago, Rich T said:

Maybe one day....

Where did you get the rocker cover from? I only want to go ally r/c if i can get something different to the usuall burton types.

Cheers Rich 

This guy has some very nice units:

https://www.Retards Club.com/groups/1044165802338722/

• Thanks 1

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:08, Rich T said:

Maybe one day....

Cheers Rich 

Hi Rich, I bought it from Team Deville a few months back,  spoke to him the other day and he is out of stock and unfortunately can't get anymore made, I really like the Cosworth version, one on ebay at the moment but need a mortgage to purchase it.

Super Speed are also nice if you can find one.

The original AC filler cap with the 3 dips is at the chrome shop .

image-thumb.png

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:39, katana said:

I hope its going into an Anglia - I remember watching Broadspeed Anglia's racing at Crystal Palace when I was a kid!

It is going into an Anglia, not sure it is going to fit with the throttle linkage, I have fitted the linkage to where it operates the best for the carbs, I will also remove the black rubber end and cut the rod nearly flush to the arm to give me more space.

I have bought some 10mm engine spacers to bring the engine and gearbox forward and will also need to give the bulkhead some attention with a ball peen hammer.

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

• Like 1

So much for the gearbox in a 1200 Anglia being the same as a 1500 Cortina item !

After spending 4 1/2 hours trying to get the engine to mate with the gearbox I pulled the engine out again to discover that the bronze spigot bush was smaller that the gearbox shaft.

Also had to fit Milton 10mm spacers to the engine mounts, elongate the gearbox crossmember bolt holes and beat part of the firewall in to get the carbs to fit, I fitted the 1200 Anglia fan which is about 8mm away from the radiator, if I fitted the 1500 Cortina fan it would be munching it's way through the rad core. 

the 1200 Anglia fan is the same length as the 1500  just not so much twist to it making it slimmer.

I will post a photo soon

• Like 1