Hello from Worcester - Cortina Brake upgrade

Hello! - I have a Mk1 Cortina (1700 xflow on bike carbs, Elan Gearbox, 7.54 LSD) I've been running Capri 2.8i Front brakes (and hubs) for a few years without any problem - using an aftermarket 0.7 master cylinder - rear brakes are standard. Just recently I've started popping rear brake cylinders (always the same one, n/s - effectively the end of the system) - I'm not running a bias pedal box (or any kind of bias valve) - does this new problem with cylinders mean I need to? Bit baffled as to why it's been okay so far really - lines are all clean and everything is standard apart from the m/c (and the front brake kit/hubs obv).

Just wondered if I'm being really dim and missing something basic before I start lashing out on pedal boxes or rear disc upgrades to try and sort it. Really grateful in advance for any input

Cheers!!

Have you checked the operation of the opposite sides wheel cylinder. Is it seized? 

Although the hydraulic pressure to both sides should be equal, I'm wondering if your NS is overpressure to the opposite not moving at the same time. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...