Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vista

So, #TopGear reinvented again

Recommended Posts

With another set of odd choice presenters, but will it be any good?

Sat down to find out with brew in hand, starting now. We shall see.

Comments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And was the best car for the job 😎.

Even they sead so.

 

I was flicking between top gear and the celeb charity match on the other side.

England lost on penalties

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought it was alright-better than the last lot anyway-at least Harris can drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was better than the last shower ,I knew the mk2 would out on top👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, meXEco said:

Thought it was alright-better than the last lot anyway-at least Harris can drive.

I should hope so - he is a professional racing driver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I thought it watchable and certainly better than it's been for a few years......but no new ideas or fresh direction.  Glad to see no celebrity laps though. I barely recognised any of the "celebs" in the last series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, meXEco said:

Thought it was alright-better than the last lot anyway-at least Harris can drive.

Yes, Evans would really make me cringe and I couldn't warm to Matt Le Blanc much either. So its a step in the right direction but there is no real chemistry between these three and they all have similar boisterous personalities that can be too loud at times. It felt like that Chris guy liked the sound of his own voice like he does alot of voice overs in his career or something lol  and I wish he would shave his chin closer than he shaves his head that just seemed odd. I don't think it will ever achieve the same ratings as the Clarkeson era but now that the Grand Tour have abandoned the car testing and reviews side of things and will just focus on foreign adventures there may be enough pickings with this new Top Gear to allow it to survive if they concentrate on that and not try emulate the other teams adventures. I had trouble listening through the accents for the first time though. Half our TV comes from the UK and rarely even notice the accents outside an episode of Taggart when he is angry alot but I did struggle with this one. I think it may be a case of new presenters talking a bit faster. That may settle with time and experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a good job we exchange views via keyboard then RP or you wouldn’t understand what I’m saying....lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well one thing to come out of it. 90's cars don't belong with 70's cars. Although the mini was newish that Porsche looked well wanky with the escort and the mini. 

Keep it old skool :Rock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then you missed the whole point of the exercise ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very samey but with different people, i cant be doing with all the sliding and screaming on the test track, im not remotely interested in most of the expensive shite anyway. I cant really see anywhere else they can go with it that hasnt been done, but ill give it a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, colr6 said:

It’s a good job we exchange views via keyboard then RP or you wouldn’t understand what I’m saying....lol

Hahaha, is your accent really strong? But that's the thing I never notice accents on TV that much (or real life for that matter) unless its really a Southern American gone with the wind accent or this first episode. I'm generally oblivious too it, whether it Welsh, Scottish, or Irish but in this particular show I did. I think it was their shouting banter that made it noticeable for the first time. Just like I mentioned when Taggart shouts at his subordinates I notice it then too. So if you don't get angry and shout at me I'm sure I wont even notice! (That may be a hard ask though or so I have been told)

PS 2,100 pounds for a 1600 Mk2 in reasonable condition was really good value. I notice they shipped it back to the UK and hung it in the rafters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Hahaha, is your accent really strong? But that's the thing I never notice accents on TV that much (or real life for that matter) unless its really a Southern American gone with the wind accent or this first episode. I'm generally oblivious too it, whether it Welsh, Scottish, or Irish but in this particular show I did. I think it was their shouting banter that made it noticeable for the first time. Just like I mentioned when Taggart shouts at his subordinates I notice it then too. So if you don't get angry and shout at me I'm sure I wont even notice! (That may be a hard ask though or so I have been told)

PS 2,100 pounds for a 1600 Mk2 in reasonable condition was really good value. I notice they shipped it back to the UK and hung it in the rafters.

No not really, people find the way I say words sometimes hard to understand. Most on here I’ve met seem to be able to understand most of the time, some need an interpreter...lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/06/2019 at 16:01, colr6 said:

No not really, people find the way I say words sometimes hard to understand. Most on here I’ve met seem to be able to understand most of the time, some need an interpreter...lol

I'm South Yorkshire and you're East Yorkshire, and I cant understand a f##### word you say Col. 😁😁😁

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fozzy48 said:

I'm South Yorkshire and you're East Yorkshire, and I cant understand a f##### word you say Col. 😁😁😁

There’s always one isn’t there 🤪

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having now watched the entire series I actually find I quite like it. I couldn't stand the Chris Evans Matt LeBlanc episodes but this new trio I find cheery and fun. I found one adventure with Harris missing and only had the other two a bit boring but by and large I find the series perfectly watchable again. Now that Grand Tour is no longer doing the audience car review thing and sticking to adventures only I think what this new Top Gear offers is quite worthwhile.

PS I can understand the accents much better now after 5 episodes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill be honest I love top gear, it's about the cars, I hated Chris Evans on it, tfi Fridays yes, radio 2 no top gear no.

Matt leblanc, odd choice but I do like him.

Rory....yea don't remember him. 

Was very concerned with cricket bloke, take me out bloke and Chris Harris. 

But I really enjoyed it, seemed like proper banter between them all, Chris Harris isn't doin his shout at the guests whilst driving thing, and concentrating on the cars... I think it works I'm a happy man 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and the missus really enjoyed this series , have not really watched it since the three stooges left.

Much more like its old self.

Puddy  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites