Murray

ET, offset bla bla. What fits what

Hi. I am installing a bubble arch kit on my mk1. I have wheel optio s and want to consider a set of 8" x 13" on the rear. I also plan for a 52" capri axle. 

Does anyone know the ET and offset for this configuration. I am not currently with the car or i could drip some plumb lines and get the measuring tape out. 

Who can help so i can order. I want the wheel and tyre wide as the arch will allow without spacers. I dint like to stress the bearings or wheel studs and more than necessary

TIA

Original axle is 47.5" and used with max 7" rims (205x60 tyres & 13mm offset?) would just about clear std. arched that had rolled lips, so approx 47.5" + 7" + 1" = 55.5" rim to rim face.

You are looking at 52" + 8" + (assuming a bit of dish?) 3" = 63" so your bubble arches are going to have to add 4-5" per side which could be pushing the possibilities? If wedded to the use of a wide axle, you may have to settle for 8" rims with more inset than offset so looking a bit strange and FWD. The fronts would need thick spacers to avoid the tyres rubbing on the struts.

I wouldn't rely on someone elses measurements too many variables-wait until you are with the car and measure yourself then contact a wheel supplier with given measurements to be sure.

3 hours ago, meXEco said:

I wouldn't rely on someone elses measurements too many variables-wait until you are with the car and measure yourself then contact a wheel supplier with given measurements to be sure.

for sure looks that way. Anyway, the 52" capri axle is measure from the face of the flange and not the face of the break drum. SO from centre axle to brake drum face will be approx 28".

But your right, be patient. Get the axle and the wings on and the measuring tape out and get it right the first time. 

Thanks guys.