Ok, who just watched that BBC Documentary

Vista

On Mad Cow disease and didn't realise that even now 30+ years later, they're still at risk of developing the disease?

I am sat here with my hand in the air!

I thought it was a disease that was a result of eating infected beef at the time and that any cases that there were going to be would have developed by now. Now I learn that they think in some people it's possible it could have an incubation period of 50 years before it develops!

Jeez that's a scary thought. :shock:

45 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

It would logically explain Trump in the White House and Boris about to take over Number 10, both look like they were avid burger lovers in the past?

If there's a Mad Cow in British politics right now, it's a toss up between Diane Abbott and Wee Jimmy Crankie North of the border as to who's worst affected!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vista said:

If there's a Mad Cow in British politics right now, it's a toss up between Diane Abbott and Wee Jimmy Crankie North of the border as to who's worst affected!

As you can imagine we don't hear alot about Scottish Politics on Australian news but even I know Nicola Sturgeon it a total and utter nutcase! I think about the loons we  have in control here then listen to another rant from her and think maybe I shouldn't complain too much. She will start a civil war if to don't cancel Brexit. I have heard about Abbott too, we had a psycho Prime Minister called Abbott, maybe the name brings on genetic political lunatics.

Brits of a certain age can't give blood in Oz due to the BSE scare. They put a 25 year ban on and even though it is beyond that it has stayed in place.

If you think of all the health scares we were all going to die by it's a wonder any of us are still here.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, NudgerSS said:

Brits of a certain age can't give blood in Oz due to the BSE scare. They put a 25 year ban on and even though it is beyond that it has stayed in place.

If you think of all the health scares we were all going to die by it's a wonder any of us are still here.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

The info at the end of the program was that anyone who lived in Britain during the affected period (I can't remember the years they quoted) cannot give blood anywhere else in the world. 

• Like 1

They could lover the blanket ban on giving blood and just test the individuals but you would still fail. "Sir, have you only an OSF for longer than 5 years?" "Um........ Yes I have" REJECTED - "Definitely a case of the mad cow"

Its sad because the reality is there is a blood shortage here because its culturally inappropriate for a large portion of the population to give. So few are left to keep things going.