Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
colr6

Something totally different

Recommended Posts

My electric roller shutter door decided to dis assemble itself last week, so what can I do whilst I’m waiting for a new one to be fitted as I can’t get in or out the garage. Oh yes, new roof on the conservatory! Had a quote to do this. WAIT for it.......£8.5k.......you what!!!! Not on your nelly. Get the wood work tools out. Can’t be that hard can it,...or can it ? Wood saw, tape measure, sliding bevel and a pile of wood oh and most important a pencil. Nearly forgot....cuppa tea🤔 Friday afternoon, old plastic roof and frame off.

saturday morning, oh shit how do you make a traditional style timber roof. Quick google, look at some pics and a cuppa. A few Gerbil ups with mitres, birds mouths and compound mitres but in the end a bit of head scratching frame up by Sunday night. Looked at the weather forecast, what’s it say ....pissing down 6am tues morning. Just my luck! Ropes in the wife, on the roof and pas those 8x4 sheets of ply up😢 10-45 pm we’d got the boards on, sheet wrapped over the top to make water tight. Tuesday comes....no rain🤬 Anyway tues wife takes the day off work to give me a hand, got it all underfelted and sealed up. Just waiting now for the shingle tiles to be delivered to finish off, job done. All in all six days going into seven to complete plaster boarding inside and the cost of approx £1350. Seems like a well spent week to me. It’s surprising what you can do with a bit of thought and time. Quite enjoyed it really, makes a change from welding burns and trapped fingers...lol

97581B94-62A6-46E0-A277-1136EBE596E3.jpeg

D7EA78C2-1FAA-4C7A-A713-BEE9DB21A3A4.jpeg

73ACECCE-B4F7-4F35-B961-FDE2CB8527D2.jpeg

E3BD40F9-FFEB-4A89-B6F9-A286F650CC58.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play to you, Col. Top job. 

We've both just got in from top sealing  the drive. I had a day off and she was on call, working from home. Luckily, she had no incidents, so it took about 4 hours between us. Just got to do the edge now tomorrow that we left to walk up the side. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey Col, don't ever holiday this part of the world I would keep you so busy building you would never see the sites!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dt36 said:

Fair play to you, Col. Top job. 

We've both just got in from top sealing  the drive. I had a day off and she was on call, working from home. Luckily, she had no incidents, so it took about 4 hours between us. Just got to do the edge now tomorrow that we left to walk up the side. 

Dammed handy these doris at times..lol. My wife loves swilling sealer on the drive as well. Doing all these jobs I’m going to be in someone’s good books 😍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Puts my job painting the fence to shame. Before shot of part of it, 55metres in total.

IMG_20190703_0906272.jpg

On the upside, Mr Miyagi reckons I'll be a black belt by the time I am done!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Blimey Col, don't ever holiday this part of the world I would keep you so busy building you would never see the sites!

Last time I visited someone on holiday I ended up converting a box tea shed into a boat structure, it turned out that well it made the front page of the local Jersey paper. Consequently we never went for another visit, I was knackered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vista said:

Puts my job painting the fence to shame. Before shot of part of it, 55metres in total.

IMG_20190703_0906272.jpg

On the upside, Mr Miyagi reckons I'll be a black belt by the time I am done!

 

Ah well, this is young grand kids shine. Bin liner round them, wellies on big brush and buckets full of paint. They love it !! Paint everything in sight inc themselves and the grass. Saves me a job, kids enjoy it. Then hand them back ! Seems like a good idea to me 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, colr6 said:

Ah well, this is young grand kids shine. Bin liner round them, wellies on big brush and buckets full of paint. They love it !! Paint everything in sight inc themselves and the grass. Saves me a job, kids enjoy it. Then hand them back ! Seems like a good idea to me 😂

I don't have grandkids!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both my kids are 25. Spent most of their teenage years telling them not to bring any trouble home. 

Both are settled down now with their own homes, with one being married. Buggered if we can get them to breed though 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dt36 said:

Both my kids are 25. Spent most of their teenage years telling them not to bring any trouble home. 

Both are settled down now with their own homes, with one being married. Buggered if we can get them to breed though 😂😂😂

My kids are 10 and 8. If either of them starts to breed, someone is in big trouble!  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dt36 said:

Both my kids are 25. Spent most of their teenage years telling them not to bring any trouble home. 

Both are settled down now with their own homes, with one being married. Buggered if we can get them to breed though 😂😂😂

Gosh Dale, I imagined you as only 25 or something yourself, now my brain hurts.

9 hours ago, Vista said:

My kids are 10 and 8. If either of them starts to breed, someone is in big trouble!  

Thats what I said with my all three female only turtles but out popped the babies anyways.

9 hours ago, colr6 said:

Have you tried EBay 😜.....lol

Unlikely, they have biohazard restrictions on the Bay.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...