Abandoned, Dumped and Forgotten!

6 hours ago, notenoughtime said:

I’ll give you a bit above scrap money for it love! 

Your the first to notice what that one actually was! A find indeed!

6 hours ago, notenoughtime said:

Rp where do you get these pics lol 

I often just stumble across them on the net and save them because most seem to be almost like artforms. I personally like photographing old decaying buildings and ruins for a pictorial book im working on so these seem a natural extension of that. Some of the abandoned car images are just terrific art pieces.

Sometimes you find them in all separate places and build up a set over time. Here is one I just found elsewhere that is really part of the first underwater series I posted.

Underwater3.jpg.5f28a79ee906a51e1bacc7cacf5294a4.jpg

I have learned from collecting these images that Capris are the most dumped OSF compared to all the others combined. Its like no one wanted to scrap them but rather let time and nature take them instead?

1 hour ago, Vista said:

According to the DVLA it's black. Currently on SORN.

Doesn't actually look that bad - paint maybe scratched a bit, and you don't know when the photo was taken - but as a late car, i'd have been surprised if no one had saved it!

2 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

What is SORN?

As above from Col. We have to declare if a car is not in use on the public road or we get fined for non payment of Vehicle Excise Duty (Road tax in old money). The DVLA has quite a useful system whereby you can check a car's tax and mot status just by inputting the numberplate. See links below

Tax status

Mot History

4 minutes ago, Vista said:

As above from Col. We have to declare if a car is not in use on the public road or we get fined for non payment of Vehicle Excise Duty (Road tax in old money). The DVLA has quite a useful system whereby you can check a car's tax and mot status just by inputting the numberplate. See links below

Tax status

Mot History

Thats an interesting system. Its different here in that if you don't pay the TAX or get your MOT they just de-register the car and your now allowed to drive it on the road automatically. They ask you to hand in the number plates but they don't pursue you for them either.