Other Classics We Own / Owned or Admire

Rally Pack 2000

I think the XJ220 is a very cool car, good looks and now super rare. And love the Montecarlo Vista, just a gorgeous looking motor that one....:mrgreen:

Current state of the SC, getting there but it all takes time and money, and I am trying to do as much as I can myself, except the final coat of paint.

The back end is ready, the front still a work in progress, but all welding is now complete. I am really hoping she's good to go for Spring 2020.

Oh, and the welding skills are my mates, and when he's not welding for me he on his 2.8i special.

New Porsche rear end.jpg

porsche inner 1.jpg

porsche inner 3.jpg

porsche inner 8.jpgporsche inner 11.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephens_xpack said:

I think the XJ220 is a very cool car, good looks and now super rare. And love the Montecarlo Vista, just a gorgeous looking motor that one....:mrgreen:

Current state of the SC, getting there but it all takes time and money, and I am trying to do as much as I can myself, except the final coat of paint.

The back end is ready, the front still a work in progress, but all welding is now complete. I am really hoping she's good to go for Spring 2020.

Oh, and the welding skills are my mates, and when he's not welding for me he on his 2.8i special.

New Porsche rear end.jpg

porsche inner 1.jpg

porsche inner 3.jpg

porsche inner 8.jpgporsche inner 11.jpg

I think you should do a resto thread on this

7 hours ago, notenoughtime said:

I think you should do a resto thread on this

5 hours ago, stephens_xpack said:

Cheers notenoughtime. Not really the right forum for the SC, otherwise I would. Cool as she is, she ain't an old ford. Only got away with putting her pics up cos of your thread....:mrgreen:...:thumbsup:

This thread is for that very purpose so you can post stuff about other classic cars you own or would like to own. Even questions about them that may have you stumped, you would be surprised how knowledgeable the chaps here are on all cars not just Fords. Maybe not intended as an all out restoration thread but definitely we want to see progress on your SC and talk about how easy or hard it is to restore and how it drives compared to our other old Fords. I didn't even know you had an SC so hearing and seeing about it was exactly why I started this topic to bring your other classics out for us to see. (Result!) I knew Vista had a Monteal and Col once had an MG but there has be be others out there as well. What uniquely draws people to the other classics or did you just stumble across a bargain you want to tell us about. Maybe someone is thinking of buying another classic and just want opinions (you wont be taunted for your disloyalty, promise! 🤮).  Its scope is pretty broad. :mrgreen:

So what drew you into the Porsche? And Vista what attracted you to the Montreal, both are big departures from the leaf sprung blue collar stuff you see on these pages.

5 hours ago, katana said:

Was it those that were driven by the Mafia hoods in the original Italian Job? Definitely a stylish car! 

Once the Lamborghini Miura (one of my fav cars of all time) gets destroyed in the first minute my heart isn't into appreciating other cars in the rest that movie. None are safe.

I discovered these a few weeks ago built only in South America. Volkswagen Brasilia's, They are really ugly but it makes them so quirky that I also really like them. They seem very popular with the slamming mod crowd but moderately lowed with bigger wheels they look pretty good. Its a shame they aren't more widely available around other parts of the world.

VWbrasilia2.thumb.jpg.128d524cd7c82d3501d95fe6c48a9bbc.jpg

VWBrasilia3a.jpg.3d095fc2e51f9aed1cd8927faa2eef84.jpg

VWBrasilia3b.jpg.8d1477849bb728aa8c5ae0372fd77f26.jpg

VWBrasilia5.thumb.jpg.4b5f5101ec2ce9672703b683f5c16f29.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

I discovered these a few weeks ago built only in South America. Volkswagen Brasilia's, They are really ugly but it makes them so quirky that I also really like them. They seem very popular with the slamming mod crowd but moderately lowed with bigger wheels they look pretty good. Its a shame they aren't more widely available around other parts of the world.

VWbrasilia2.thumb.jpg.128d524cd7c82d3501d95fe6c48a9bbc.jpg

VWBrasilia3a.jpg.3d095fc2e51f9aed1cd8927faa2eef84.jpg

VWBrasilia3b.jpg.8d1477849bb728aa8c5ae0372fd77f26.jpg

VWBrasilia5.thumb.jpg.4b5f5101ec2ce9672703b683f5c16f29.jpg

Now that is cool, how much are they? 

2 hours ago, notenoughtime said:

Now that is cool, how much are they? 

In South America where they were built you can get a nice one for a few thousand US dollars which is less less than Beetle prices. I saw one site in the UK list a totally mint example with low kilometres landed for ten thousand Euros. Left hand drive though.

As mentioned there is this craze to slam them within an inch of the ground so those fully kitted examples fetch a fair bit more than a stocker I would imagine.

VW1.thumb.jpg.d46f03be771f69c4ef8c55fedd777ec0.jpg

Vw4.jpg.82364caaa56a4f0f9b7c33471a077181.jpg

Vw8.thumb.jpg.783d7dcdf9bba29a3fb1a96982220c7b.jpg

15 hours ago, stephens_xpack said:

New Porsche rear end.jpg

I love these. Was a poster car on my wall as a kid.

On my bucket list for ever but the prices have doubled in recent years and i didn't snap one up in time.

Is yours a Targa or tin top?

Even 924s are decent mone now but never liked em.

Its 911 or bust for me.

So bust it is then lol

15 hours ago, Rich T said:

I love these. Was a poster car on my wall as a kid.

On my bucket list for ever but the prices have doubled in recent years and i didn't snap one up in time.

Is yours a Targa or tin top?

Even 924s are decent mone now but never liked em.

Its 911 or bust for me.

So bust it is then lol

Hello Rich T.....:mrgreen:

She is a tin top, no sun roof. Prefer that to the Targa, but Targa's are pretty cool in their own way, just prefer the side silhouette of the coupe. Also to answer Rallypack2000, believe it or not I was only looking for a new car for work. As an everyday car commuter. I had had a Ford KA from new, it was 13 years old, knackered and I felt I had done my bit by driving a cheap and cheerful runabout for work. She was ready for the scrapper and I was looking to spend £6-£8k on a more comfortable car, and to be honest I was looking at maybe a Fiesta ST or something along those lines.

But about a year or so earlier, my mum got herself an all black, black paint, black fuchs and black leather interior, an 87 3.2 911 Carrera, and although it had never really been my type of car before, seeing one a regular basis I had obviously gotten to appreciate them more and more without really realising it. They were still more expensive than an ST, but not by bundles as this was before the prices soared. I told the mrs I was going to look at the Porsche instead of a Fiesta and also sell the Xpack to make up for the extra expense. So to cut a long story to less boring, I did sell the xpack online, the guy had even made arrangements to collect, but before the day, I told him I had changed my mind, couldn't sell her. By this time I had already arranged to fly to Scotland to pick up the Porsche. First saw her online for £12k, then she was gone, thought someone had bought her. Then a month or so later she was for sale again, same guy, this time £10k and believe it or not she didn't budge at £10k and then the price dropped to £8.5k. Assumed it was fate so I messaged the guy, and although I am not very good at bartering, we agreed on a price of £7900. I transferred a deposit, me and Mrs fle to jockland, picked her up made a weekend of it driving her back stopping in posh hotel halfway back, and there you have it, no Fiesta but a Porsche instead.

And the really funny thing is, after about 6 months of using the Porsche, I put her away in the garage along with the Capri and then didn't really touch her for about 10 years, just like the Capri which i tucked up for about 19 years. And yes as the Porsche was now garaged for the forseeable, I needed another cheap runabout for work....Another cheap KA....:mrgreen:

In hindsight I done ok, 7900 for a Porsche is no longer possible.

• Like 2

That is a good price and made easier to keep the XPack as well I suspect. I turned down a fully registered 944 once for 2000 quid. No rust. It was an auto LOL

But your mum bought a 3.2L 911 Carrera? Gosh, I cant get my mum out of her 80s Camry despite every repair costing more than the car is worth!