Rich T

A mysterious noise found but.....

... can it be fixed or at least quieted down?

Got a few 100 miles under the cars belt  in the last few weeks and its been great. But there has been a noise!

It sounds like a blown exhaust manifold gasget (a fluttering sound) and been trying to figure out what it is.

Today i found the problem.

Got the remote servo fitted inside the car, up under the dash.

Under load and deceleration it makes the noise. Not at idle or when the car is sat at a level speed.

Any idea what is causing the noise or is it normal?

Servo is holding pressure and as a working 1 way valve fitted. Could be the valve that is fluttering actually?

Cheers 

Just thinking out loud here. Would fitting an inline 1 way valve in the engine bay help quieten it down? 

Edit after thinking it through.

Its getting its vacum from 1 cylinder  so every time the cylinder is drawing in air its causing a noise in the vac pipe.

Cant think i can do a lot about it other than wrapping the pipe in some sort of insulation or moving the servo  back into the engine bay. B$^&#cs!

Anyone else got an in car brake servo thats making an annoying noise?

How did you quieten it down? 

I cant see that moving the 1 way valve into the engine bay would make much difference but it maybe worth a try.

I dont want to relocate the servo.

You could always try running the servo off two inlet tracks into a T piece and see if that helps, it may level the pulsing out.

• Thanks 1

Good call. Thanks. 

I guess in an ideal world i could tap into all 4 to get good balsnce but woul look messy and cause other problems in itself.

Ill have a look tomorrow when im with the car and see if i can run a 2nd vac.