mk2 ben

Tranny progress

Yeah, looks real good, nice bit of quality work being done on it, no corners cut, will be a credit when finished, well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a real soft spot for MK1 Transit,s especially when it has its V4 in it, takes me back to being an apprentice, proper old school works van, no mod con,s at all, basic, my wife laughs her head off when I am watching the likes of the SWEENEY or MINDER/PROFESSIONALS etc-etc, and I see a MK1 Tranny, makes me real teary eyed, wish I was back in them days and a lot of the people I was with back then, sadly no longer with us, thank the lord for this web site. xx

• Like 1

Ive done a few bits made an exhaust fit made a gearbox mount a seat base mount rear doors on etc but with all this going on with the virus its difficult as the vans in a barn i rent about a mile away im hoping to sneek down this sunday to pick up a couple of bits its only a mile or so down a road and it'll be deserted so i can avoid people so ill grab some shots of her while im there i was well on track to debut her at tour of the moor absolutely gutted thats cancelled 😕😕

So a bit more done all doors on started on all new door seals too, propshaft on, started on soundproofing inside, seat bases made up towbar fitted had to also make a bonnet catch as the paintshop knackered it and didnt tell me jobs for tomorrow bleed brakes finish soundproofing carpet the cab and fit the seats all still lots of busy work to do more pics etc to follow soon 

IMG_20200509_191010.jpg

IMG_20200509_190949.jpg

IMG_20200504_155715.jpg