4 hours ago, styut said:

I've been on OSF since day 1, think I was one of the first 10 people to register. Used to go to the boxhill meets, and was on the london-brighton run mentioned in another thread, and was nice to see my car in the video. Not much of a contributor nowadays though I'm afraid, the AVO club takes all my time. I am in contact with Chris (mexican gerbil) though, and as I've said to him I'm happy to promote OSF events such as tour of the moor in Havoc if you like.

Anyway, we don't normally sell the magazines, but I'm sure we could sort something out if people want one. I'd have to check how many we have left, but pm me anyway if you're interested.

If there's interest in an OSF stand at AVO National Day then please let Graham know nationalday@avoclub.com . It's 40 years of the club this year + 50 year anniversaries for the Mexico and RS1600, so as long as the weather isn't as crap as this year we should have a good turn out. We've got some interesting cars coming, including the Car SOS Mexico which is making the trip over from Jersey. We had 28 Twin Cams in 2018 for their 50 year celebration, so hopefully the Mexico & RS1600 owners will rise to the challenge this year! 

Cheers,

Stewart (chief lurker)

as one of the longest standing members, it would be good to see your name up in purple then Stewart, show those young ones how to lurk and be seen :thumbsup:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jersey Stardust said:

Rally Pack (James)

Thank you for sending through the money, I sent your HAVOC mag off yesterday. I am not sure when it will reach you. Could you let me know when you receive.

Thanks

Richard Membership Secretary AVO Club (Apprentice Lurker)

Thanks so much for that. We do have alot of AVO members lurking on here just like Ray said! I had a few years of Havoc magazine when I was a member in the early 90s but loaned them to someone who begged me to read then and he totally nicked them all and never heard from him again. Quite disappointed by that. My only record of me being a  member was my window sticker that's still on the Twincam even now. So this will be my only Havac magazine I have, so I can read about Ray and Nicks cars lol.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Thanks so much for that. We do have alot of AVO members lurking on here just like Ray said! I had a few years of Havoc magazine when I was a member in the early 90s but loaned them to someone who begged me to read then and he totally nicked them all and never heard from him again. Quite disappointed by that. My only record of me being a  member was my window sticker that's still on the Twincam even now. So this will be my only Havac magazine I have, so I can read about Ray and Nicks cars lol.

I have a whole bunch of HAVOC mags from my days as a member 10 or 12 years ago. Happy to send some out to you if there's some of interest.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Vista said:

I have a whole bunch of HAVOC mags from my days as a member 10 or 12 years ago. Happy to send some out to you if there's some of interest.

Ooooooohhhh, that would be so good, happy to pay for postage or anything! What a really great offer thankyou!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, notenoughtime said:

What do you mean Ray I’m confused

Hi Carey

cult membership, its just £12 per year, it helps to pay for the running of the forum, as well as a few other bits and pieces, such as insurances to cover all the events that old skool ford attend and run, like tour of the moor

come on everyone for that matter, join the cult today, and help the best old skool ford forum, stay the best old skool ford forum

£12 isnt going to break the bank

43 minutes ago, notenoughtime said:

Fair point Ray! 😂 

DONE 👍

i do think that it’s not obvious enough though, there should be something flashing up saying to join 

Thank you. 

We have made changes to the system so that it is highlighted to all new joiners as an option but take up is pretty low. 

Is there a way of mail shotting all members just to highlight a bit about the club and what the money would go towards helping pay for? A bit more detail, but like Ray has mentined above, shows, insurance, OSF kit, etc, etc. Or maybe a banner on here that is attached and on show at the top of every forum page, so people are constantly reminded whenever on the sight?

Hi Chaps, bit of a late reply owing to ( life get's in the way ) 

Well done chaps for sorting out the stand again, hopefully be back out and about in 2020

Hope you all enjoy the Christmas Holiday , take care and be safe

Gary xx

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/12/2019 at 20:55, Jersey Stardust said:

Rally Pack (James)

Thank you for sending through the money, I sent your HAVOC mag off yesterday. I am not sure when it will reach you. Could you let me know when you receive.

Thanks

Richard Membership Secretary AVO Club (Apprentice Lurker)

On 21/12/2019 at 00:37, Vista said:

Both parcels arrived at the exact same time today thank you so much to both of you. It was a kind gesture to send your older Havoc magazines to me Scott and will make some great reading. More proof why this forum is the best.

With the recent Havoc magazine from the AVO club with Ray and Nicks cars in it came a AVO logo air freshener! A nice bonus thanks so much. Its very much needed as the cars are smelling a bit smoky at the moment!

What is membership fees currently for the AVO club these days?

1 hour ago, Jersey Stardust said:

Yes correct

1 Year £ 35

3 Year £ 87.50

5 Year £ 130

Payment via paypal. Please Inbox me if you are interested.

Many Thanks for your interest

Richard

well I reckon that has to work both ways, we need to get Styut to become a cult member as we'll then

229824366_cultpng.thumb.png.b09744026db41cba4ef469038a4e807e.png

1 hour ago, Jersey Stardust said:

Watch out Stewart you are on the hit list.

I had no problem joining the cult, it helps the site out. Just waiting for Ray to bang a 5 year in the AVO 😁

lol, so how many AVO members are you going to convert to CULT members for me in exchange for that one  Richard :mrgreen:, as the renewal is very close now

Just comparing the older editions of Havoc to the latest one with Rays and Nicks car in it, none of the older editions seem to include 1300E's while the last one has a Register and everything. Was there a later decision at some point to make 1300E's as part of the AVO club?