Memories come flooding back!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Monza said:

Only last week I found a clip of
"One Step Beyond"....
Memories come flooding back!!! emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

They were / are great aren't they? The comments from bemused Americans in their videos on Youtube crack me up.  You can see why they were dubbed the nutty boys though.

Always loved this song but it was only comparatively recently that I realised it was about a teenager going into a chemist to buy johnnies for the first time! Slow on the uptake eh?

• Like 2

My favourite group as a kid and my 1st ever single was Driving in my car picture disc. Still got it :).

My best songs of theirs are probably Embarrassment and One step beyond

• Thanks 1

Classic top tune .... has to be “ one step beyond “  .... my favourite . Brings back so many memories of the whole Ska revival thing with all the  Two Tone  bands  including The Specials, The Selector and the other bands such as The Beat , Bad Manners  etc . Good times !!

gradually i have seen them all live over the years . Brilliant 👍

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jerrytom161 said:

Classic top tune .... has to be “ one step beyond “  .... my favourite . Brings back so many memories of the whole Ska revival thing with all the  Two Tone  bands  including The Specials, The Selector and the other bands such as The Beat , Bad Manners  etc . Good times !!

gradually i have seen them all live over the years . Brilliant 👍

Also grew up through the 2Tone era and admit being Ska'd for life. Just saw The Selecter and Rhoda Dakar about 2 weeks ago. 

Although I listen to rock as well, like The Ramones , AC/DC etc, but Ska and Bluebeat are still my go to. 

One of my favourite bands at the moment is The Skatuesques, but have yet to see them. We're thinking of planning a weekend to Dublin with some friends to possibly try and tie up with a night they are playing a pub there. 

Did someone mention Bad Manners?? Can you imagine a band coming on stage today with a male lead in Dr Marten boots and a dress? 

• Like 1