Sign in to follow this  
Rally Pack 2000

Decent Enamel Keyrings

Does anybody in the UK make a quality old fashion enamelled keyring or key fob any more? I had a great Ford RS one that unfortunately the leather part has let go and when I checked on the auction site they are pretty much all cheap plastic crap.

The old one was an enamel one like this.

Keyring.jpg.a30f0b8c9f0558ba9ec080ce27bcbd27.jpg

I bought one of these, more of a Mk1 type thing but it seems to be a tradition type enamel of reasonable quality. Still on the look out for a more Mk2 RS design though.

keyring1.thumb.jpg.9367e47a843bacc7f1f8a3a2696a106b.jpg

3 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

I bought one of these, more of a Mk1 type thing but it seems to be a tradition type enamel of reasonable quality. Still on the look out for a more Mk2 RS design though.

keyring1.thumb.jpg.9367e47a843bacc7f1f8a3a2696a106b.jpg

Why not take your old one to an upholsterer and get some new leather cut and stitched. 

10 hours ago, dt36 said:

Why not take your old one to an upholsterer and get some new leather cut and stitched. 

Yes definitely I have been looking into that as well but so far haven't found anyone local that would do a one off. Yet again the UK seems the better place for this type of craftsman. Also the enamel has chipped in places so if im going to all that trouble I should get it fixed first. The enamel badge part were made in Birmingham apparently and then made into key fobs.

https://classicleatherfobs.co.uk/product/ford-rs-vitreous-enamel-badge-keyring/