50 year anniversary of the World cup rally

Oldskoolford have been invited to take part in an event to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of the 1970 London -Mexico rally. This will be held at the British Motor Museum at Gaydon on 19th April 2020. 

There will be a number of world cup cars of all different makes there including FEV 1H, and Graham Robson will be hosting.

They are looking for period cars, not just Mk1 Mexico's but Cortinas and cars from that period in time.

The event will bring together lots of different clubs, and at the moment the organisers have not allocated a set amount of space for each club. If you would like to attend in your car then please let me know via this thread or by  emailing Stewart Anderson @styut, the coordinator for Fords - (secretary @avoclub.com). He will need to let the organisers know expected numbers, so please don't leave this until the last minute.

This will be quite a unique event, and it will be a long time before you will get another chance to see so many world cup cars together. So let's try and get a really good turn out of period cars together to make it an event to remember!

20200107_092359.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, colr6 said:

Might take the Anglia, it would be a bit more in keeping with rally scene. As long as there’s camping available?

Some decent camp sites in Stratford Upon Avon and town has some nice pubs etc. 

Only short hop to Gaydon and the back B Road is a nice drive. 

Screenshot_20200107_185824_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I think we've got about 15 cars from the AVO club + the above at the moment, so should be a good Ford turn out. Hopefully we can get to 30+ Fords by the time of the event.

I will ask about camping and let you know.

Cheers,

Stewart

26 minutes ago, styut said:

Thanks everyone. I think we've got about 15 cars from the AVO club + the above at the moment, so should be a good Ford turn out. Hopefully we can get to 30+ Fords by the time of the event.

I will ask about camping and let you know.

Cheers,

Stewart

Do you have many Australian Twincam owner/members?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...