Classic Ford Show - Mallory Park June 7th 2020

Vista

Think it needs attending by the club. Once people stop comparing to the Pod it may move on. Hopefully the organisers get their act together with a few of the issues raised after last year. Tbh there isn’t that many worthwhile shows left to do with the invasion or allowance of newer cars allowed to attend. Still a fairly central place for people to travel from all directions.

5 minutes ago, Paulfosk said:

Organised the same weekend as the classic ford tour, says it all really 🤷‍♂️

I thought that was bad too. 

Unfortunately the bad press and bad weather of the 2019 will have a knock on effect. 

However it will be a massive shame if this show, the largest gathering of classic/retro fords disappeared from the show calendar. After all the UK's love of old fords needs it's own show. 

I've only got 2 booked for Pure ford. Myself and a guest. I fear that maybe this forum will end up with one show every year...... Tour of the Moor. 

8 minutes ago, styut said:

I think the largest gathering of 'proper' old school Fords happens the following weekend at the Lakes Tour. Personally I'd rather save the petrol money for that.

I hadn't realised that as the Lakes Tour is too far from me to wish to attend it, so I hadn't looked at the dates for it. 

I think for the first go at mallory it wasnt that bad, lets be honest its never going to be perfect. Ive been going to classic ford for a fair few years and yeah, its a bit samey. From memory its always been 1st week in june so being near the lakes i dont know? Theres only a small window for fitting in all these shows in the summer. Unfortunately some things will clash although its not really a clash its just near to?  The track was something a bit different instead of the strip, again people will have preferences. Most people on here communicate with others on the forum almost daily, how nice to stand face to face and speak, like the old fashioned way? I dont think you can blame mallory or classic ford for the weather, thats a bit unfair, and lets remember the constant moaning about santa pod! I think that if youre not going go and support the show aimed towards old fords, stop your moaning about the invasion of plastic. It costs money to hold these events, somewhere there will be a calculation of numbers it needed to make it viable, if old fords alone cannot satisfy those numbers its got to opened up to newer cars to get them? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/01/2020 at 19:47, Mexican Gerbil said:

I thought that was bad too. 

Unfortunately the bad press and bad weather of the 2019 will have a knock on effect. 

However it will be a massive shame if this show, the largest gathering of classic/retro fords disappeared from the show calendar. After all the UK's love of old fords needs it's own show. 

I've only got 2 booked for Pure ford. Myself and a guest. I fear that maybe this forum will end up with one show every year...... Tour of the Moor. 

And the NEC.... and the weather cannot affect that one.......:mrgreen:......:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well peeps, if OSF is going to have a stand we are going to need more interest than this. 

1 or 2 people will be needed to help set up the stand. I am unable to attend so volunteers are required. 

I have not been sent to code for booking so not sure who had that email as we are on the list of clubs attending. 

Just to add a bit more pressure early bird tickets end in 7 days and no idea how much they are as I cant log on through the ticket page without the code ..... 

So we IN or OUT

hi, i will be there, don't worrie about the plastic cars, there where not so many last year, so i don't think they will show up this year,

and if we show up in big numbers, there wil be no room for them.

i did liked it last year, great place, nice people, to bad about the rain, so you wait a bit, and go on, it's just water.

cheers marcel

• Like 2