Jump to content
Painterman

Corona virus

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, RWL81P said:

my mum always said if i'm not in bed by 10, come home!

Thought it would be by 9, then time for last orders....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been looking at my Auto Enrollment Government/Workplace Pension and my pot has dropped by £20k due to the markets also dropping because of all this C19 mallarky and the oil prices.

Just made a change to my monthly contribution, which was 6% and have now dropped it to 3% this morning for the time being.  I have now set the monetary difference to my mortgage account as an overpayment.  Although I don't see a physical return on my money by doing this, I'm hoping my money is better placed here for the time being.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dt36 said:

Been looking at my Auto Enrollment Government/Workplace Pension and my pot has dropped by £20k due to the markets also dropping because of all this C19 mallarky and the oil prices.

Just made a change to my monthly contribution, which was 6% and have now dropped it to 3% this morning for the time being.  I have now set the monetary difference to my mortgage account as an overpayment.  Although I don't see a physical return on my money by doing this, I'm hoping my money is better placed here for the time being.

Due to the current climate the arse has dropped out of the market of classic fords! I do however have some very collectable toilet rolls for sale. Genuine 1 owner from new, all four matching in fully sealed original packaging.  Gotta be worth £40.00

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't believe a thing the chinese say.

It wasnt made public knowledge in china untill it was out of control

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, notenoughtime said:

So the Chinese have had the virus since November and no new known cases this week 

why are the government saying its maybe 18 months before we are clear of virus 

Because we are not a communist state and have every one locked up in there own homes ..........yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RWL81P said:

Due to the current climate the arse has dropped out of the market of classic fords! I do however have some very collectable toilet rolls for sale. Genuine 1 owner from new, all four matching in fully sealed original packaging.  Gotta be worth £40.00

Out of my price range it seems. Cant afford as new so have to consider more in the second-hand market and look more at a used project instead possibly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, khanlad said:

Sounds cheap mate?

i'm not greedy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, notenoughtime said:

why are the government saying its maybe 18 months before we are clear of virus 

Because of this non social interaction bollux! If you don't interact you can't spread a disease and if it doesn't spread or spread fast enough you / the population don't build up any immunity and so it persists for longer! Herd immunisation is great in theory but not if it takes two years to evolve by which time the pathogen will have evolved into something else and the cycle starts again! Better, IMO, for 'healthy people' to get it, deal with it - you'll feel shite - and move on. What is the point of shutting the country down and everyone self isolating for 3 months then everyone thinking its over for it to kick off again! Madness!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, katana said:

Because of this non social interaction bollux! If you don't interact you can't spread a disease and if it doesn't spread or spread fast enough you / the population don't build up any immunity and so it persists for longer! Herd immunisation is great in theory but not if it takes two years to evolve by which time the pathogen will have evolved into something else and the cycle starts again! Better, IMO, for 'healthy people' to get it, deal with it - you'll feel shite - and move on. What is the point of shutting the country down and everyone self isolating for 3 months then everyone thinking its over for it to kick off again! Madness!

my thoughts exactly its going to hit sooner or later so get it over and done with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recon the russians put this virus in china to start it off because there highly populated and would spread quick. I think we have had it here since around nov time but was just passed on as seasonal cold/flu.just need let it run through system and carry on with life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Painterman said:

I recon the russians put this virus in china to start it off because there highly populated and would spread quick. I think we have had it here since around nov time but was just passed on as seasonal cold/flu.just need let it run through system and carry on with life

LOL Its definitely a Chinese original and its not the first. I dont subscribe that it suddenly appeared in an animal market. After the Sars epidemic the Chinese collected a whole heap of similar viruses for study. It cannot be a coincidence that their main epidemiological laboratory is 250m from the Wuhan fish and animal market. We also know this same lab has bungled the release of of viruses before. The Sars virus got out twice after the main epidemic but the Chinese try to block any mention of it. They new of this virus release back in November and they arrested and silenced the doctors that tried to get the word out. Its a totalitarian regime that will do anything to save face and never admit to what it has done. They get stroppy  if you just refer to it as even being a Chinese virus let alone their complicity in is spread and the situation the world finds itself in now. Bet we will never get an admission or apology and the greed will kick in again and corporations will go back to cheap manufacturing with lesser health standards in China all over again. For all the trillions of financial stimulus now being thrown in at the expense to the taxpayer was it worth it on the bottom line just for a wave of cheap unrepairable crap? I bet if you weight the costs it would have been cheaper to keep local manufacturing let alone the cost of life and the way we live out lives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in purdah, SWMBO has put me in lockdown. Post radiotherapy last year it was discovered my white cells had been low for years and so I'm just coming to the end of a course of tablets to boost it. I suppose she right, but how we will be getting on after another week, let alone 3 months I don't know!

 

Buuuuuuut,

the Escort has a full tank of fuel so if we getting boiling point I'm heading for the hills for and hour (ish)🤣🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, accord83 said:

I'm in purdah, SWMBO has put me in lockdown. Post radiotherapy last year it was discovered my white cells had been low for years and so I'm just coming to the end of a course of tablets to boost it. I suppose she right, but how we will be getting on after another week, let alone 3 months I don't know!

 

Buuuuuuut,

the Escort has a full tank of fuel so if we getting boiling point I'm heading for the hills for and hour (ish)🤣🤣

I got mine back from the body shop yesterday all with its new bumper and the first thing I did was fill the tank on the way home, the first time I have done that in years. I know a secret spot or two in the mountains so Im bugging out too if the time comes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, notenoughtime said:

 no people apart from the odd police car driving up the high street 

They'll be the Vauxhalls then.🤣🤣 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we are dry too now. No more pubs and clubs. Sort of dry you can still get booze at a bottle shop I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Cortina is on lockdown! it's in the local bodyshop (which shut today) having some rusty spots sorted, nearly ready but not able to bring it home as the police are stopping cars to check it your journey is really necessary, fines if not! well it will give me a chance to tidy the garage......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, deltamal said:

My Cortina is on lockdown! it's in the local bodyshop (which shut today) having some rusty spots sorted, nearly ready but not able to bring it home as the police are stopping cars to check it your journey is really necessary, fines if not! well it will give me a chance to tidy the garage......

No fines yet Malcolm, they don't have the legislation in place yet. That's going to happen soon though. Get it home and safe before the window closes completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I thought again, car safe at home now ;) the place is just about empty now, I'm still working as we supply two key company's with parts.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, accord83 said:

Aw Bless! They're wearing their best LGBT jumpers.

I'd love to have colourful birds like that in my Garden instead of giant white/grey squawking shitehawks swooping down and clearing all the bread on the bird table!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...