Painterman

Corona virus

2 hours ago, Vista said:

I work from home a lot of the time anyway so am used to it. All my work travelling has been curtailed though.

At the weekends I have been busying myself (and press-ganged conscripts, aka wife and kids) with scraping the moss and earth out of the joints on the block paving and then scrubbing the area clean. 4 years we've lived here and I'd always thought the bricks were light grey. Turns out they're a beige / sandy colour.

I've just sprayed all my blocks with Sodium hypochlorite, the green just disappeared, sorted all the algae on my garage rendering instantly too. (Still needed to brush out the moss in the block gaps with my cheap Aldi special brush.)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, preacherman said:

How's that power steering

Fitted really nice and assists well. Not really driven it yet though as car not taxed. 

I still have my factory open as we have been designated key suppliers, manufacturing main frame computer cabinets, needed around the world their use has been diverted for new build hospitals and and resurch centres, we also supply the worlds railways with vairous hardware that fixes the signaling frames in-track, supplied to vairous locations in Europe, the States and Australia, we are observing the 2 metre rule and staggering tea breaks and start/stop times, hand wash reminders and anti bac gel, not good but hopefully it will not be for too many months......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dt36 said:

Fitted really nice and assists well. Not really driven it yet though as car not taxed. 

Do you need tax, mine became tax free in January last year and MOT free.

17 minutes ago, preacherman said:

Do you need tax, mine became tax free in January last year and MOT free.

Car is currently MOTd. I can do exempt tax for the first time this April. However, reading up on how to apply, it says the first time has to be done in a Post Office. After that you can do it online. I think I might have to travel to Merthyr to do that as our village Post Office is only a Sub. 

I have a letter off the MOD to travel in my car for work purposes, but I think that would be kicking the backside out of it a bit if I got stopped and produced that😂😂😂

1 hour ago, accord83 said:

I've just sprayed all my blocks with Sodium hypochlorite, the green just disappeared, sorted all the algae on my garage rendering instantly too. (Still needed to brush out the moss in the block gaps with my cheap Aldi special brush.)

Wasn't green on mine, just dirt I think. The hands and knees phase with a scraper in the joints is back breaking but I have one of this rotary pressure washer attachments and combined with some stone cleaner and sealer, it works wonders as a second stage. 

AfterIMG_20200329_1416333.jpg

Before / During

IMG_20200329_1417284.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vista said:

Wasn't green on mine, just dirt I think. The hands and knees phase with a scraper in the joints is back breaking but I have one of this rotary pressure washer attachments and combined with some stone cleaner and sealer, it works wonders as a second stage. 

My Aldi wire brush and scraper is on a brush handle, much easier. The garage needed doing, but once I started I got carried, away my blocks were not bad, just dirty, they came up like new. I did the patio, which put the drive to shame so I had to do the drive. Although it didn't shift the Showroom Shine spotting where the trigger dripped!

How is it when you get any spare time it’s always consumed by power wash the bloody drive !! Got my patio done lol. Seeing as we can’t get any builders, started building my own garage Yes another one. Got the trowel out and some lines crack on. Been looking through some old paperwork and found an old pic. What do you do with 16 sport back in the days of normality 🤭 Oh yes knock the windows out and strip the interior, drop a 1700 twin cam in it and blast it round a field...lol

C385F9C3-D12D-4A92-A205-8D2BBAAA260B.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, notenoughtime said:

I’ve managed to paint the whole of the workshop floor, well one workshop anyway! 

A5768A4E-F950-458F-9493-30D60648C55A.thumb.jpeg.f397ac98cb231761c1aa4aceaa1ed5cc.jpeg

Id live there for the duration! Dont even need to go outside for a long walk.

3 minutes ago, notenoughtime said:

No I am seriously, it had two toilets, so converting one to a shower, I can then get changed into clean clothes before I go home keeps the Mrs happy lol 

A portable works well till you can get a plumber in. Once you have all the facilities in she would never see you though!

6 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

A portable works well till you can get a plumber in. Once you have all the facilities in she would never see you though!

I think that’s the idea 😂

Water is there as is drainage, just need to put electric feed in and geo board on the walls