Hands Up!

Vista

Who's been out panic buying food and supplies?

Now please watch this lady's plea and think before you do it again. I know others who finish work late or work shifts and find shops with stripped shelves and no food to buy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-51966337/coronavirus-nurse-s-despair-as-panic-buyers-clear-shelves

Well I must be guilty of bulk buying, hold my hands up to it !!!....lol went to the Farm foods shop and this is what I came out with 🤭 went all prepared, emptied the long wheel base tranny for some serious business 🤬🤬🤬 My entire spending spree, well all that was left really.

9155D538-E863-4750-9691-5054490A3FD3.jpeg

I did panic but my dealer assured me that he has my nans usual quantity of smack this month and a new variety of hindu kush coming fresh off the boat next week. (Purely for medicinal purposes)

Interestingly there is a shortage of eggs on the shelves but no shortage of Easter eggs however you cant boil both apparently.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vista said:

I am being told off for eating them! 

So what were they for then? Bog roll substitute?? Sounds messy!

We will all totally support you for a slice of the action?

I think there is too much ambiguity in some chocolate bars to really be used as bog roll substitutes

Chocolateshit.thumb.jpg.05bffa828ac23a9c16997af226d35092.jpg

Shitthebed.thumb.jpeg.5cb38a211f3db117407df906e9583fe1.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Vista said:

Having just checked the cupboards, it seems my wife has been doing a fair bit of her own panic buying.......

It seems she's terrified there's going to be a sudden run on chocolate and biscuits!

IMG_20200320_1308523.jpg

so it's round to yours then for a cuppa and chocolate! i'll bring ar col!

• Haha 3

Everyone needs a pot owl in times of crisis.

(actually I've just put my plastic Eagle Owl on my garage to keep the damn starlings my neighbour feeds away, they sit on the back fence and he gets the tweety end, and I get the shitty end!)

1 hour ago, accord83 said:

(actually I've just put my plastic Eagle Owl on my garage to keep the damn starlings my neighbour feeds away, they sit on the back fence and he gets the tweety end, and I get the shitty end!)

Someone may need to tell me what a Pot owl is?

21 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Someone may need to tell me what a Pot owl is?

It, and pot other birds of prey are used to deter other birds from parts of, or all of dependent on size, of your garden. Some restaurants use them to deter pigeons from outdoor areas. Only shotguns work on seagulls........🤣 

32 minutes ago, accord83 said:

It, and pot other birds of prey are used to deter other birds from parts of, or all of dependent on size, of your garden. Some restaurants use them to deter pigeons from outdoor areas. Only shotguns work on seagulls........🤣 

I dont think a fake eagle would work here especially not after our defeat at the great Emu Wars of 1932. I did see a Corella rip a wing off a pigeon the other day though because it didnt want to share the seed I put out in the bird house.

emu_state_barrier_fence_emu_wars.jpg.46029da6a7c761e1464da2da3d10f053.jpg

emuwars.jpg.af13afa1a78bc11c1a514507626d8a68.jpg

Emuwars1.thumb.jpg.50ee9f2611042d864aa53630b16a7bd2.jpg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, accord83 said:

You are observant, but it's a Hedwig owl mug........It doesn't appear to be doing much to discourage raiders on th biscuit stowage mind!

IMG_20200322_2142409.jpg

On 22/03/2020 at 14:49, accord83 said:

a sandwich with bicarbonate of soda thrown to a seagull is also quite effective!

18 minutes ago, eeb43 said:

a sandwich with bicarbonate of soda thrown to a seagull is also quite effective!

When I was a 1st year I remember exploding seagulls over the rugby pitch when the 3rd years were feeding them calcium carbide in bread from the 1st floor Chemistry lab window.

Taught you to run quick and look up......

14 hours ago, accord83 said:

When I was a 1st year I remember exploding seagulls over the rugby pitch when the 3rd years were feeding them calcium carbide in bread from the 1st floor Chemistry lab window.

Taught you to run quick and look up......

have you tried getting calcium carbide recently???????? lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, eeb43 said:

what about your car lights??????

Don't need them, I let my wife drive at night, after all the radiotherapy I had last year I drape myself face down over the bonnet as the sun now shines out of my arse!!😂😂

• Like 1

Calcium carbide was used to get rid of moles in the past, I've got a carbide lamp that I used to use on my hat when I was pot holing in the 60's ok till they exploded! saved up my pennies and bought an ex coal miner's knife cell from one of the mines, huge improvement! 

• Like 1