Johnnys MK1 Cortina resto project

looks easy to identify to me , because I took the picture.😁

The black part is the N/S Kick panel, the silver bit is the floor and bulk head, the white piece below the nodiz is what the parcel shelf sits on.

Can you see it nowπŸ‘Œ

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

looks easy to identify to me , because I took the picture.😁

The black part is the N/S Kick panel, the silver bit is the floor and bulk head, the white piece below the nodiz is what the parcel shelf sits on.

Can you see it nowπŸ‘Œ

Ha, yes I thought so but I was looking at the speakers an thinking, on mine I didn't realise there was much space to fit a speaker in there, I ended up making some Ill fitting boxes at the very back of the shelf either side of the heater, which bother me everytime I see them πŸ˜‚

1 minute ago, chinkamon said:

Ha, yes I thought so but I was looking at the speakers an thinking, on mine I didn't realise there was much space to fit a speaker in there, I ended up making some Ill fitting boxes at the very back of the shelf either side of the heater, which bother me everytime I see them πŸ˜‚

There is next to no room behind the kick panels. I UsedΒ  these spacer ringsΒ  Β https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370860928016

3 hours ago, chinkamon said:

Aaah I see it now, is the sound any good? Been thinking a winter project is to pull my speakers out an redo them

its never going to be brilliant with not much area behind the speaker, but its ok. I have 2 box enclosures behind the front seats, not fixed , so they can be removed for passenger's feet.

Dyno is rebooked for a week Friday.

I had to re engineer the fitting of the crank sensor, and the fitting of the trigger wheel, as I wasn't happy with the amount of movement in the fixings, causing run out and sync loss occasionally.

I've put back the dyno run, as I want to change the exhaust manifold from a 4 into 1, to a long branch 4 into 2 into one, and its on back order !

So i'll post up later.

• Thanks 1

I was off work on Friday, and did someΒ "seat of my parts dyno" with some timing adjustments, and a good excuse for a blast.

I'm beginning to think I could run a lower ratio diff , than the 3.9 its running.

I'm changing into 5th at 100mph flat outπŸ™„

On a private road obviously.

• Haha 1

This is my next job , before the Dyno.

I'm changing the exhaust manifold from a 4 into 1 , to a 4 into 2 into 1.

Got to make it fit though πŸ™„

IMG_20201014_191814.jpg

Edited by Johnny Boy
  • Like 2

Yes very short, that's why I didn't like them. But at the time of build that's all I could get hold of, without spending Β£500.

I had to bite the bullet in the end, and buy what I originally wanted.

It will be interesting to see the the difference on the dyno.