Jump to content
Johnny Boy

Johnnys MK1 Cortina resto project

Recommended Posts

Yeah,

Watch this space.

I think 145 is on the cards.😁

Although for me, with it being a fast road car, torque and drivability are more important than outright power.IMG_20200902_114401.thumb.jpg.dfebdadfb19430a49e573b495fb0a675.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/06/2020 at 13:59, Johnny Boy said:

Pvc covered, plywood kick panels, with speakers today.😀

IMG_20200619_135058.jpg

I'm curious, is this under the dash? Loved reading this thread though 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks easy to identify to me , because I took the picture.😁

The black part is the N/S Kick panel, the silver bit is the floor and bulk head, the white piece below the nodiz is what the parcel shelf sits on.

Can you see it now👌

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

looks easy to identify to me , because I took the picture.😁

The black part is the N/S Kick panel, the silver bit is the floor and bulk head, the white piece below the nodiz is what the parcel shelf sits on.

Can you see it now👌

Ha, yes I thought so but I was looking at the speakers an thinking, on mine I didn't realise there was much space to fit a speaker in there, I ended up making some Ill fitting boxes at the very back of the shelf either side of the heater, which bother me everytime I see them 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chinkamon said:

Ha, yes I thought so but I was looking at the speakers an thinking, on mine I didn't realise there was much space to fit a speaker in there, I ended up making some Ill fitting boxes at the very back of the shelf either side of the heater, which bother me everytime I see them 😂

There is next to no room behind the kick panels. I Used  these spacer rings   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370860928016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaah I see it now, is the sound any good? Been thinking a winter project is to pull my speakers out an redo them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chinkamon said:

Aaah I see it now, is the sound any good? Been thinking a winter project is to pull my speakers out an redo them

its never going to be brilliant with not much area behind the speaker, but its ok. I have 2 box enclosures behind the front seats, not fixed , so they can be removed for passenger's feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dyno is rebooked for a week Friday.

I had to re engineer the fitting of the crank sensor, and the fitting of the trigger wheel, as I wasn't happy with the amount of movement in the fixings, causing run out and sync loss occasionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...