Sign in to follow this  
katana

Zetec 2.0L Blacktop Cylinder Head Required

Hi All,
Getting near my engine start and as it has been stood for about 7-8 years I thought is best to turn it over by hand as I wasn't too sure the valve timing was correct, so plugs out and it only rotates a 1/4 turn between hard stops! So I suspect bent valves as the starter did turn it over by accident a few years ago but didn't sound right! :banghead:

So does anyone have or know of a s/hand Blacktop 2.0L head - complete or without cams (mine are good).

Pricing up new valves at a £10 a piece gets pricey but may be cheaper option - once I know the damage . . . . . . . I walked away this morning. couldn't face that. :roll:

Email or PM me any details - ianyarham3 at A O L . com (anti bot measures - you know how it should look)

before you go any further take the flywheel bolts out!

4 minutes ago, eeb43 said:

before you go any further take the flywheel bolts out!

Eh ?

5 minutes ago, katana said:

Eh ?

i had 1 here that i had taken the flywheel off of and screwed the bolts back in to stop the oil coming out! engine only turns a bit when you do that! have you taken the flywheel off?

2 hours ago, eeb43 said:

i had 1 here that i had taken the flywheel off of and screwed the bolts back in to stop the oil coming out! engine only turns a bit when you do that! have you taken the flywheel off?

Its a replacement 1.8 flywheel from Retroford redrilled for a pinto clutch - removed the 2.0L fly and replaced with the new - all bolted up with fresh new fly bolts, new clutch on and mated with T9 gearbox, all installed in car. So to get the fly off again, the whole lot would have to come out - and that ain't happening! Starter was also from Retroford so i'd assume correct.

ok just a thought! its just something that does happen