So we got the boot fitted tonight, and the spoiler (cheers jack) got a lead on a new diff case, fingers crossed and been drilling some more holes in my new battery box mounting plates

More soon

20210216_192526.jpg

• Like 1

So my lead on a diff case has dried up, so looks like i gotta buy a new lsd 😕 

Been looking at a gripper lsd, anyone using one, are they any good ?

We managed to get the battery box bolted in (cheers Jack) needs a touch up of yellow around the top

More soon

😁

20210220_170104.jpg

Edited by BROWNY 1968

I’ve a gripper in the Anglebox, it’s bloody noisy when cold. Sounds like the props loose !! Once it’s warmed up it’s great. Supposed to be able to withstand more than a good thrashing and are very highly rated.

29 minutes ago, notenoughtime said:

Looks like the cars really coming along now, shame about the diff casing 

its slowly getting to look like a car again, gutted about my diff, just bought new clutches to go in it aswell 🙁

24 minutes ago, colr6 said:

I’ve a gripper in the Anglebox, it’s bloody noisy when cold. Sounds like the props loose !! Once it’s warmed up it’s great. Supposed to be able to withstand more than a good thrashing and are very highly rated.

the zf has always been a bit clunky, yeah ive read some good stuff on the net, but nice to hear it from someone who is using one

cheers 😉

oh forgot to mention, i bought a pair of kawasaki bike calipers to go on the rear, 1.05kg each, think there light enough, will need to skim the discs a bit, will see when they arrive

more soon

🙂

small update, been making new bumper mounts out of aluminium for my new flyweight rear bumper, gonna chop the ends so i can use my rs end caps on it. might get round to making fibreglass end caps eventually, but will go with the ford ones for now.

pics soon

😁

Yeah i was going to do that, but the case had closed up a bit, and it was hard to get the internals out, i made a lump of steel to bang down the groove to try and open it back out, but its split the case down both sides, did think about welding it up, but dunno how safe it would be or how long it will last

Cheers

I bit the bullet today and ordered a new gripper diff 😲😜😁 i hope we get as many trouble free years as my zf gave me

( i bought it second hand in 1992 😲😆)

More soon

Still on the look out for a case for my old zf as i could chuck it in my v6 transit 😁

Edited by BROWNY 1968

Still getting bits done, managed to get my new bumper fitted tonight, its a bit flimsy, have fitted the genuine end caps for now, might have a go at making some glass ones at a later date, trying to get it back together asap, want to go racing

More soon

20210224_210220.jpg

Edited by BROWNY 1968
  • Like 1

got some ribs welded on me caliper brackets at work today as they had a bit of flex, solid now, and need to get me ar$e in gear as ive booked in to a private test day at the pod for the 19th april 

woo hoo 

more soon

:nitrous:

• Like 1
22 hours ago, BROWNY 1968 said:

got some ribs welded on me caliper brackets at work today as they had a bit of flex, solid now, and need to get me ar$e in gear as ive booked in to a private test day at the pod for the 19th april 

woo hoo 

more soon

:nitrous:

Get some pics and vids or you just went to McDonald's with the Missus and kids. 😁

yuk, not them ribs, cant remember the last time i had Mcdonalds, will get some pics tomorrow,

pulled the door off tonight so i can take it to work to get it primed and painted, decided im gonna ditch the handbrake seeing as the master cylinder is leaking anyway and you cant ever fully trust a hydraulic handbrake, (unless your doing skids of course 🤣) so its in the 'making it lighter bin' 

more soon

😀

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Got me calipers bolted back on, got good clearance, but still got some flex 😕 need to put another rib on 😒

Also been doing some floor prep, need to get inside painted so i can get reassembling, and had a text from my man at automac, my diff has arrived

Yippeeeeee

Oh yeah, i made some new lightweight door spacer plates out of aluminum too

More soon

20210306_165031.jpg

20210305_162204.jpg

Edited by BROWNY 1968
  • Like 3

Made some mods to the cage so it can bolted/unbolted as it was welded to the b post before

Also managed to get the cage rubbed down ready for a squirt of primer and some colour,  and yes that is filler at the bottom of the main hoop 😄

More soon

20210307_165948.jpg

20210307_170010.jpg

20210308_205555.jpg

• Like 1

My one was really quiet,made the odd clonk when parking,I’ve got a 3jd diff at the moment as is incredibly noisy,worst decision I’ve made to buy that,sounds like it’s eating itself🙈😂