So i got the cage painted over the weekend, and we had a swop about in the garage so we can get the inside of the floor painted.

Also got the nitrous solenoids re fitted, didnt get any rebuild kits for them yet, will test them before we get to pod, and ran all new fuel lines in ethanol proof rubber ,also tonight i made a new lighter cover plate for the trans tunnel inspection aperture. Oh and i got more ribs welded onto the caliper brackets and painted them,

More soon

20210316_205217.jpg

20210315_211123.jpg

20210316_201837.jpg

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

when i bought the kit, it came with 2 different size sets of jets, 16's and 20's. hard to work out, but we think 35hp and 50hp.

dont sound like much, but it makes 1.5 seconds difference in the 1/4 and about 12mph with and without.

quickest it ever went was 13.1 @99mph, it did surprise a few people but we did blow it up eventually, we built a new engine and put smaller jets in it, 9's to try and make it last a bit longer, but it only runs 14.5's now, need to get that 2.2 built with some proper pistons in it so we can put more gas in it 😁

cheers.

p.s. 1st engine neverr went on  a rolling road, so dont know the base figure, but the new engine has 167hp without nitrous 😉

Edited by BROWNY 1968
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, BROWNY 1968 said:

when i bought the kit, it came with 2 different size sets of jets, 16's and 20's. hard to work out, but we think 35hp and 50hp.

Its a while since I played with Nitrous but baseline tuning was a 4 spread between nitrous and fuel jets ie 20 in the fuel and 16 in the nitrous or 24 / 20 etc. With my bike the 24/20 was good for about 60hp subject to bottle pressure. A FYI - we used to use 36/36 in the ProMod bike - 185hp on motor / 360 on the juice!

i be honest, never could get to grips wiv it, we just run it on the 16's mostly, we did try the bigger jets but it wasnt happy, we did use 2 full bottles over a couple of seasons before we broke it.

now its just on the 9's, its not as quick, really need some forged pistons 😉

cheers

4 hours ago, notenoughtime said:

Be interesting to see with a nice 2.2 👍

What cam are you running? 

Need to save up for the pistons first, RL 31 at the moment, was thinking HT1 for the 2.2 but got plenty of time to change my mind 😉

i did read that thread on ts, he made good power, dont think my head is as good, neither are my engine building skills, i have looked at some of the newman profiles, be interested to see how you get on 😉

cheers.

5 minutes ago, BROWNY 1968 said:

i did read that thread on ts, he made good power, dont think my head is as good, neither are my engine building skills, i have looked at some of the newman profiles, be interested to see how you get on 😉

cheers.

It’s not a Newman profile, it’s something else but a lobe was damaged! Newman have copied it and reproduced it once I collect it I’ll send you some details it may interest you 

ok kool, i would like to run a different cam in the 2.2, i have thought about getting another head done as i will have a spare, once ive collected my new doner engine. all comes down to my budget, forged pistons will be top of the list :nitrous:

• Like 1

Been doin a bit over the weekend, aswell as taking my daily for an mot, got the floor inside pretty much sanded ready for primer and colour, going to drop the axle off tomorrow for assembly

More soon

20210321_171310.jpg

20210321_171252.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So i had a busy couple of days, paint is not great as the colour match is way off, will have to do for now, got the cage back in and re run all the wiring, nitrous and fire extinguisher pipes through the car, just need to connect up in the boot, also need to fit fire extinguisher pull cable, still need to fit gearbox and have not got my axle back yet 😲

Gonna be tight

More soon

20210401_174203.jpg

20210401_174147.jpg

• Like 3
15 hours ago, notenoughtime said:

Your Doing well, what date are you going pod?

test day is monday the 19th, seems like i got lots of time, but im working both days this weekend and maybe next aswell 😳

did get the seat mounted today and made a start on the brake pipes, need to pop into work to borrow the pipe flare tool

and i still got to fit the axle when i get it back, and get all the rear brakes on and working, dont sound much when you say it quick

reckon i got some late nights coming

cheers

🤔

Been on it today, had a helper too, my son Jack, thanks mate, would never been able to get that gearbox in on my own, got the fire extinguisher pull fitted aswell, jack made the bracket while i was welding the fixing tabs on the new lightweight exhaust 😁 got the brake pipe made aswell, and jack modded my rose jointed gearlever with the 5 speed delete tab 😉 he says if i miss any shifts with it he's gonna kick me in the plums 😆

Still got stuff to do, but i think we'll be ok

dont think my neighbours will be too impressed with new exhaust 🙄

More soon

Cheers

20210405_171830.jpg

20210405_171759.jpg

Edited by BROWNY 1968
  • Like 3